CALL FOR PAPERS
The International Conference on the Quality of Information and Communications Technology (QUATIC) is a leading scientific conference that gathers experts from industry and academia to exchange ideas and approaches regarding all quality aspects in ICT systems engineering and management. The forum is dedicated to a live discussion on how to further the state-of-the-art and define future directions, as well as to disseminate advanced new methods, techniques and tools.
QUATIC 2019 follows the tradition of this conference, already at its 12th edition, inviting practitioners and researchers to submit technical papers reporting original research and experience results in all topics and sub-fields of Quality in ICT process, product and applications domains, as well as sharing practical studies. The conference is organized into several thematic tracks that serve as dedicated discussion venues on focused topics of interest. Specifically, the next edition includes an exciting set of eleven tracks, mixing well-established traditional QUATIC topics and newly proposed tracks covering break-through research challenges, among which authors can certainly find the discussion venue that best suits their field :
- Quality Aspects in Requirements Engineering
- Quality Aspects in Model-Driven Engineering
- Quality Aspects in DevOps Development
- Quality Aspects in Process Improvement and Assessment
- Quality Aspects in Verification and Validation
- Quality Aspects in Evidence-Based Software Engineering
- Quality Aspects in Security & Privacy
- Quality Aspects in Cloud-based Platforms and Services
- Quality Aspects in Business Processes
- Quality Aspects in Data Science & Artificial Intelligence
- Quality Aspects in Software Maintenance and Comprehension
The conference will also have an Industrial Day to foster the dissemination of best practices and to allow a lively discussion of hot topics and quality concerns in specific application domains. During the Industrial Day conference sponsors will share their knowledge and promote hands-on contact with new tools.
QUATIC 2019 edition will be included in a volume of Springer CCIS Series (Communications in Computer and Information Science). CCIS is abstracted/indexed in DBLP, Google Scholar, EI-Compendex, Mathematical Reviews, SCImago, Scopus. CCIS volumes are also submitted for the inclusion in ISI Proceedings.
- Paper submission: Monday, May 20th, 2019 Extended!
- Author's notifications: Monday, June 17th, 2019
- Camera ready submission: Friday, June 28th, 2019
Paper submission instructions
- Full Papers must be in Springer CCIS Format and not exceed 14 pages, including figures, references, and appendices.
- Short papers are welcome with 6-8 pages.
- Authors should submit through EasyChair a PDF version of their paper without names, affiliations
- Submissions must be original and will be reviewed by the Track Program Committee in double-blind process.
- Accepted papers will be included in the proceedings of QUATIC’2019 published by Springer CCIS series, subject to one of the authors registering for the conference.
Paper registration is required, allowing the inclusion of the papers in the conference proceedings. It is mandatory a different registration per accepted paper, even if the same author presents different accepted papers. An author attending QUATIC must present the paper. This is a requirement for all accepted papers to be included in the proceedings. No-show of scheduled papers (of any category) will result in excluding them from the proceedings
Camera Ready submission instructions
In order to fulfil with the proceedings preparation deadline, we need your camera version files no later than June 28.
- Remember, that full papers are between 12 and 14 pages, while short papers must be 8 pages.
- Please, check guidelines and templates for Springer CCIS: https://www.springer.com/gp/computer-science/lncs/conference-proceedings-guidelines
- Authors must upload a *.zip file through EasyChair with:
- Source files (Word or Latex)
- Final, generated pdf file
- Signed copyright form
- Paper registration is mandatory, allowing the inclusion of the papers in the conference proceedings (https://sites.google.com/view/quatic2019/registration). It is mandatory a different registration per accepted paper, even if the same author presents different accepted papers. An author attending QUATIC 2019 must present the paper. This is a requirement for all accepted papers to be included in the proceedings.
- We need all source files (LaTeX files with all the associated style files, special fonts and eps files, or Word or rtf files) and the final pdfs of all of the papers. For LaTeX papers, references are to be supplied as Bbl files to avoid omission of data while conversion from Bib to Bbl. Please note that we cannot include hyperlinks in reference.
- All figures are printed in black and white, unless special arrangement has been made for colored figures. Colored figures remain in color in the online version. Please make sure that any colored figures are equally comprehensible in black and white. Figures and Tables should be cross referred in the text.
- When submitting their paper, the authors should allot a corresponding author, who must be available to carry out a proof check of the paper. He or she is given a 72-hour timeslot to do so. The corresponding author should be clearly marked as such in the header of the paper. He or she is also the one who signs the copyright form on behalf of all of the authors.
- Springer is the first publisher to implement the ORCID identifier for proceedings, ultimately providing authors with a digital identifier that distinguishes them from every other researcher. Apply and encourage all contributing authors to also apply for an individual ORCID at www.orcid.org and include them with your address information. The authors should include them in the headers of their papers.