All of our planned events have completed! But we're looking toward the future. We're looking for groups to partner with:
- Quiz Bowl Tournaments: Who want to use computer support to create questions that are challenging for humans and computers or who are open to computer entrants.
- Machine Learning Organizers: Who are looking for an in-person competition to complement, for example, a workshop on machine learning.
- Computer Science Educators: Who want to take part in a machine learning curriculum built around question answering that can lead to an engaging in-person event.
- Corporate Sponsors: Who would like to support our educational programs and competitions.
If any of these apply to you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We're also looking for individuals who want to get involved in the following ways:
- Train/mentor high school students to build/extend the system (i.e., serve as a coach)
- Help us get the word out about these competitions (i.e., a media consultant)
- Write questions
- Staff our events
- Help us import new information into our databases
- Improve the system documentation and the ease of installation
- Integrate our adversarial question writing process into the QB question writing ecosystem (e.g., in packetizer)
We're looking for an independent question editor not connected to Maryland in any way; contact us if you're interested. If you're interested in getting involved but have limited time, we're also looking for people to judge packets.