WE INVITE ALL SERVICE-MINDED COMMUNITY MEMBERS, LEADERS AND PROFESSIONALS TO JOIN THE POCATELLO ROTARY CLUB
Here are the steps for joining:
1. SPONSOR. To become a member of our club, you will need a sponsor to formally invite you to join the club. Your sponsor is there to mentor you through the process of becoming a Rotarian. If you don't have a sponsor but want to join, please ask a club member or club officer and we will find a sponsor for you!
2. VISIT. With your sponsor, you are welcome to visit our club, have lunch with us a few times, and get acquainted with who we are and what we do. As you visit the club you will begin to learn about some of the activities with which we are involved. You will meet many diverse members that make up our group. We our proud that our club is over 140 members strong and has been serving our community for nearly 100 years.
3. RESEARCH. Next you will want to do your homework and learn what it expected when you join the club, what your financial obligations will be, and how you can best contribute to the work we do. For a concise overview, please read EXPECTATIONS OF MEMBERS OF THE POCATELLO ROTARY CLUB.
4. PROPOSING FOR MEMBERSHIP. When you are ready, your sponsor will formally 'propose' you for membership in our club. He or she does this by submitting your name in writing to the board of directors. (Note: If you are a club member, and you want to propose someone for membership, please use this proposal form.)
5. BOARD APPROVAL. The Board of Directors reviews all membership proposals and votes all proposals. If the proposal is accepted by the board of directors, your sponsor can then invite you to join the club. Before you can join, you must sign a Membership Agreement Form. Concurrent with the submission of the Membership Agreement Form, you are assigned a classification (based on your profession) and your name is then announced to the club at large. Club members have 6 days to make any written comments. If no material objections are raised within that time frame, your sponsor will arrange for you to be Inducted as a new member of our club.
6. INDUCTION. Your sponsor and the Club President formally induct you into
our club. The induction provides a way to introduce you to the club and receive the club's welcome. At your induction, you are given your RED NAME BADGE, a Rotary pin, the "New Member Checklist" (see below), a Rotary shirt and hat, a packet of information, and the greetings of the club. You are welcome to bring a guest for this special occasion!
7. RED BADGE. At Rotary, it is tradition that members wear name tags at club meetings and functions so we can get to know one another easily and call each other by our first names. The name badge you receive will be a RED BADGE which indicates to other club members that you are new to the club, so they can help you acclimate and answer questions all new members have in the beginning. During the time that you have your RED BADGE, you will be expected to complete a check list of orientation requirements. Completion of these steps qualifies you for your permanent BLUE BADGE.
We hope you will seriously consider joining the Pocatello Rotary Club. We need people like YOU!