Northeast RUME One-day Conference
With Eileen Murray, the PCRG is co-organizing a one-day conference on research in undergraduate mathematics education. The conference will be held on November 11, 2017, in Montclair State University, NJ. Further details about registration and abstract submission can be found here.
Recently published papers
- Fukawa-Connelly, T., Weber, K., & Mejía-Ramos, J. P. (in press). Informal content and student note-taking in advanced mathematics classes. To appear in Journal for Research in Mathematics Education.
- Stylianides, G., Stylianides, A. & Weber, K. (in press). Research on the teaching and learning of proof: Taking stock and moving forward. In J. Cai (Ed.) First Compendium for Research in Mathematics Education. National Council of Teachers of Mathematics: Reston, VA. [preprint]
- Dawkins, P., & Weber, K. (2017). Values and norms of proof for mathematicians and students. Educational Studies in Mathematics, 95(2), 123-142. [journal]
- Mejía-Ramos, J. P., Lew, K., de la Torre, J., & Weber, K. (2017). Developing and validating proof comprehension tests in undergraduate mathematics. Research in Mathematics Education, 19(2), 130-146. [preprint] [journal]
- Weber, K., Fukawa-Connelly, T., Mejía-Ramos, J.P., & Lew, K. (2016). How to help students understand lectures in advanced mathematics. Notices of the American Mathematical Society, 63, 1190-1193. [journal]
- Weber, K. (2016). Mathematical humor: Jokes that reveal how we think about mathematics and why we enjoy it. The Mathematics Intelligencer, 38, 56-61. [preprint]
- Lew, K., Fukawa-Connelly, T., Mejía-Ramos, J. P., & Weber, K. (2016). Lectures in advanced mathematics: Why students might not understand what the professor is trying to convey. Journal for Research in Mathematics Education, 47, 162-198. [preprint]
- Zhen, B. Mejía-Ramos, J. P. & Weber, K. (2016). Mathematics majors’ perceptions on the permissibility of graphs in proofs. International Journal for Research in Undergraduate Mathematics Education, 2, 1-29. [preprint]
- Weber, K. (2015). Effective proof reading strategies to foster comprehension of mathematical proofs. International Journal for Research in Undergraduate Mathematics Education, 1, 289-314. [preprint]
- Samkoff, A., & Weber, K. (2015). Lessons learned from an instructional intervention on proof comprehension. Journal of Mathematical Behavior, 39, 28-50. [journal] [preprint]
- Weber, K. & Mejía-Ramos, J. P. (2015). The contextual nature of conviction in mathematics. For the Learning of Mathematics, 35(2), 9-14. [journal]