Meeting Minutes

May 23, 2018

Tonight we all had a good time playing with woodburners. Thanks to everyone who brought theirs so other people could use them. Here is a link to helpful tips if you missed the meeting: https://pyrographypros.com/pyrography-with-style-wood-burning-tips-and-tricks

Go ahead and search the web for more information.

We are still trying to get a fall show off the ground. Our biggest obstacle is finding a place for the event. Please, Please contact John Henderson, or Don Szypura if you have any ideas. Time to get this done is severely growing short.

June meetings (6/4 & 6/18) will be devoted to assisting members who want to paint or finish a carving. We will bring examples of different finishes to help you decide. Bring your carvings sanded and smooth. Also bring your ideas and any supplies you might already have. We will provide acryllic paints and some finish sprays.


June 4, 2018

During our meeting, Mike Trezek, Judy Kavathas, and Sharon Sikes shared some tips on finishing your carving pieces. Everyone seemed to pick up a few good tips.

Next meeting, Angie Ruiz will discuss oil pastels and how to use them. Then, we will work on finishing our pieces. Judy will bring anything needed if you will let her know in advance. Email her at: jkavathas@yahoo.com

I found a website where a good discussion of the different types of woodburners are reviewed. https://www.mostcraft.com/5-best-wood-burning-tools/ Check it out.

We still have not received an answer for our request for space at the Bensenville Recreation Center so that we could have our show. We are hoping for an answer, soon.

The International Congress is happening next week. Some of our members are going, and we will look for a report from them at the next meeting. Our club has donated $500 to the general prize fund to help support this worthy event.