Books are important in school no matter the subject area and we are not talking about text books. We are talking about fiction and non-fiction books that can be used in the computer science classroom to introduce, teach, and reinforce computer science concepts.
Additional Resources/Book Lists:
- STEAM Summer Reading List from Wonder Workshop: picture books / chapter books (coming soon!)
- 50+ Multicultural STEAM Books for Children
- Teacher-curated resources for teaching with books in the CS classroom from San Francisco Unified School District
- Ashley Cooksey's Coding & Early Literacy Padlet
- Vicky's CSTA Advocate blog post about teaching CS with books