I am an FSR "MOVE-IN" Postdoctoral Fellow at the Center of Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE) at UCLouvain. I hold a PhD from the Department of Economics and Related Studies of the University of York where I also served as a Lecturer.
Since 2018, I am affiliated to:
- Primary: industrial organisation, economics of the Internet, regulation. Current research projects on (i) the data market, and (ii) negative externalities in social networks.
- Secondary: applied micro-econometrics in the field of media, crime, and transport economics. Current research projects on (i) the market of (light) cannabis, and (ii) fake news and vaccines.
- Given the huge media and political attention to the light cannabis market, with V. Carrieri and F. Principe, we wrote a column for Lavoce.info summarizing our two papers on the issue. Our article "Light cannabis and organized crime. Evidence from (unintended) liberalization in Italy" was largely covered by all Italian media outlets relative to the proposal of the Minister of Interior, Salvini, to shut down the light cannabis market, e.g., Business Insider; ANSA; Repubblica; Wired; AGI; Open; Affari Italiani; TPI; Lettera43; Fuoriluogo; RADIO24; Newz; VICE
- The working paper "Superstars in two-sided markets: exclusives or not? (with E. Carroni and S. Shekhar) has been selected as "Featured Article" by CESifo.
- Invited Seminar, Liverpool Management School.
- Conference on Auctions, Competition, Regulation, and Public Policy, Lancaster.
- OLIGO, Nottingham.
- CEPR/JIE School on Applied Industrial Organisation, Madrid.
- ZEW Conference on Information and Communication Technologies, Mannheim.
- EARIE Conference, Barcelona.