Ignite Your Potential 2017
KSEA Ignite Your Potential!
Academic Career Seminar
Thursday, September 28th, 2017, 6:00pm - 8:30pm
East Room, Pierpont Commons (North Campus)
2101 Bonisteel Blvd, Ann Arbor, MI 48109
(See directions at bottom)
- Keynote Speech by UM Associate Professor Eunshin Byon
- Tenure Track Faculty Advice (see biography below)
- Banquet Dinner Included ($5 for KSEA members, $15 for non-members)
- Catered by UM University Catering
- Become a KSEA member HERE for discounted or free entry, food, and drinks for this and future events
- Raffle Prizes (FREE)
- Amazon Fire HD 8 Tablet (16 GB Black) is Grand Prize
- Raffle Tickets given out ONLY during Reception. Please Come Early!
Sign-Up is Required
Sign-Up Form Link - Click for RSVP FORM HERE!
- Sign up and Payment both required by 11:59pm Tuesday 9/26/2017 to guarantee the dinner reservation.
- After this date, please sign up and make payment for first-come first-serve remaining dinner reservations. Limited spots are available.
- For questions email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cost is $5 for KSEA members and $15 for non-KSEA members
- Become a KSEA member by joining HERE for discounted or free entry, food, and drinks for this and future events (national membership costs $35 for regular, $15 graduate students, free for undergrads)
- Please include your full name and "Ignite" in the payment note
- Venmo: @miksea
- Chase QuickPay: email@example.com
- Paypal: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 6:00-6:45pm: Registration and Social Networking (with Appetizers)
- 6:45-7:05pm: Buffet Dinner
- 7:05-7:15pm: KSEA Introduction
- 7:15-8:15pm: Keynote Speaker - Prof. Eunshin Byon
- Part I: Life Journey, Career Path, Tenure Faculty Track (30 minutes)
- Part II: Q&A (30 minutes)
- 8:15-8:30pm: Raffle Prizes
- 8:30-9:00pm: Open Networking
Past Event Photo Album
Keynote Speaker Biography
Dr. Eunshin Byon is an Associate Professor of Industrial & Operations Engineering (IOE) at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. She received her Ph.D. in Industrial and Systems Engineering from Texas A&M University, College Station, TX, and both her M.S. and B.S. in Industrial and Systems Engineering from KAIST (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology) in South Korea.
Dr. Byon’s research interests include reliability evaluation, fault diagnosis/condition monitoring, predictive modeling and data analytics, and operations and maintenance decision-making for stochastic systems. Her recent research focuses on uncertainty quantification of stochastic systems using stochastic simulations, reliability analysis and improvement of large-scale, interconnected systems with applications to renewable power power systems and manufacturing processes. She is a member of IIE, INFORMS, and IEEE.