The Keatington Beach Association (KBA) includes Keatington Cedars, Keatington Knolls, Keatington Meadows, Keatington New Town, Keatington Woods, Scripps Lakeview, Scripps on the Lake, Keatington Cedars II and Lochmoor on the Lake. The beach is located at the east end of Lake Voorheis.
From Joslyn Road, turn west on Joslyn Court, which is at the south end of Canterbury Village. Joslyn Court turns into a dirt road. Follow the road to the clearly-marked gated beach entrance, located on the left side of the road. Enter and park in the designated area for vehicles. Be prepared to show your beach tag. Entrance and exit through the main gate only.
The beach is one of our crown jewels here in Keatington. The following rules and regulations are intended to provide for the enjoyment and safety of all who use the beach. Violations of the rules and/or KBA bylaws may result in the suspension of beach privileges. This is your beach! Let's work together to keep it safe, clean and beautiful.
Beach Access Cards
Each household has two Beach Access Cards assigned to them. These cards belong to the house and are considered the same as house keys in case of a sale or change in renters. The owner in a sale is required to transfer the passes to purchasers and the landlord is responsible to transfer or control the passes between parties. Replacement cost for these cards are $100 each and old cards will be immediately deactivated. You are responsible for the safe keeping of your passes. These cards are needed to open the electronic gate at the beach entrance for access.
Admission & Hours
Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day Weekend
Beach Hours: 5AM to 10PM daily
November 1st through April 1st
Gate locked and road access closed to vehicles
- Beach Access Cards (BAC) are needed to open the electronic gate at the beach entrance (2 assigned per household)
- Children under 14 years of age must be accompanied by an adult member 21 years or older at all times.
- Guests may only accompany members with a BAC. The maximum is five (5) guests per BAC. Larger groups and parties must have pre-arranged approval.
Equipment & Facilities
- No fires are permitted on the beach. Please confine cooking fires to the existing barbecue pits or to grills you have brought from home. When disposing of hot charcoal, it is imperative that you use only the metal container labeled for this use. Please do not use the plastic trash containers for charcoal disposal.
- Picnic tables must remain in the beach area.
- The raft, buoys and safety ropes are not to be removed or tampered with in any way.
- The raft capacity is limited to five (5) adults or 1,000 pounds. Pushing, shoving, rocking, diving or any other rough play is strictly prohibited.
- A $50 non-refundable rental fee for the pavilion or tent is required at the time of registration. Checks should be made payable to Keatington Beach Association.
- If you have more than 10 guests, a $50 deposit is required to reserve a date at the beach. You must notify the KBA personnel two weeks prior to the meeting date. The deposit is refundable if the gathering area is left clean, free of debris and without damage to KBA property. Repair costs exceeding $50 will be assessed to the KBA member.
- If you're having a party, please carpool.
- No beach parties can be registered on the following holidays: Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day
- Registered parties will be assigned three (3) picnic tables.
Beach Registration Contact
Tom Phillips (248) 343-9994
- No smoking is allowed within the beach areas. Smoking is allowed in the parking lot area only.
- No glass containers of any kind are permitted on the beach, boat dock or any surrounding areas.
- No vehicles are permitted in the beach areas. This includes cars, trucks, mini-bikes, motorcycles and bicycles.
- No pets are allowed on the beach or surrounding area.
- No personal property, including boats, tubes, rafts, canoes, ice shanties, etc., may be stored at the beach overnight either on a temporary or permanent basis. Items so left will be removed at the owner's expense.
Sheriff Non-emergency: 248-858-4950
Fire Department Non-emergency: 248-373-4600