Membership in our Chapter provides you with a chance to take action to preserve our environment. There are many ways you can contribute to the mission of the Chapter. You can adopt and maintain a flower bed on the grounds; or help to keep the nature trail free of growth. You can help with the mowing of our extensive fields, or the maintenance of our equipment. You can participate in the bow hunting program, bee keeping program, Chapter picnics and socials, family community events, butterfly gardens, birdwatching, to name a few. Get involved in the building and upkeep of our birdhouses, or contribute to this web site. You might want to develop a community outreach program, or actively promote the ideals of the League in your schools or community. We encourage you to be creative in how you would like to participate.
As a member of the Lois Green – Sligo Chapter, you are encouraged to attend the monthly membership meetings to hear speakers sharing topics of wide interests; and learn more about the agendas, goals, and actions of the Chapter, State Division and National. The meetings are held on the premises in the evening of the third Thursday of every month (except January and February). We hold work days in the morning of the first Saturday of each month. There are several Chapter events held every year, such as the annual holiday party, wild game dinner, and several pot luck picnics.
If you are interested in joining our Chapter please contact Mike Thomas at 301-330-5970 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to join the league, but need to find a chapter closer to home, visit the National web site of the IWLA for a complete listing of chapters and their locations.
Lois Green-Sligo Chapter Memberships
Annual - Youth: $15.00
Annual - Student: $32.50
Annual - Individual: $90.00*
Annual - Family: $128.00*
All levels of membership include an annual subscription to the Outdoor America magazine, National dues, Maryland State Division dues, and other benefits listed below.
*The Individual and Family memberships also include a one-time initiation fee of $10.00. If you are a National Life Member, State Division Life Member, or a LGSC Life Member, your dues will be less.
For information about National memberships, please go to www.iwla.org/join.
Member Benefits by Joining the Lois Green – Sligo Chapter
- Open access to the Chapter's 63.5 beautiful acres with a pong, trails, and a pavilion.
- A subscription to the League's informative quarterly magazine - the Outdoor America.
- You are eligible, upon request, to receive the several newsletters and reports each year that cover specific issues such as watershed conservation and sustainability education.
- An invitation to our annual National Convention where the membership decides the League's conservation policies. The convention has programs and activities of interest for the entire family.
- You can be part of the IWLA's Action Network. You will receive timely updates and "Action Alerts" and "Conservation Currents" reporting the latest news and how you can get involved.
- Discount on a group life insurance.
- Members receive discounts on Enterprise car rentals.
- Member can purchase publications and materials offered by the League.