2020 Local Auditions
2020 Local Auditions Changed to Video Submissions!
In light of the recent worldwide coronavirus pandemic GMMTA has had to consider how it will affect our organization. Many events throughout the nation have been canceled and Universities are switching to remote learning. Rhodes College, following this pattern, will no longer be able to host this year’s auditions.
As we have tried to find a solution to this situation, we have received several suggestions that we use video recordings in place of the live audition. Videos can easily be made on smart phones and we are assuming that everyone either has or has access to one. We feel that this is a best solution for everyone and appreciate your cooperation. Please read these instructions carefully.
Students may submit a video performance of the repertoire listed on the original application no later than April 4, 2020 at 6:00 pm.
- Video recording must be made with one fixed camera angle/location, focused such that the performer and the accompanist (if applicable) are visible at all times.
- Videos must contain all repertoire listed on the original application. Entrants should NOT introduce themselves or announce the piece being recorded.
- Each piece (including individual movements of a larger work) must be uploaded as an individual video file. No editing is allowed. Each selection must be labeled with the title and composer. For individual movements of a larger work, label with the title, Roman numeral of movement and composer. Example: Sonata in F Minor, Op. 2, No. 1, I., Beethoven. Preludes and Fugues may be considered a single piece.
- Only repertoire originally written for unaccompanied instrument or voice may be performed without an accompanist. Digital accompaniments may be used for the purpose of this video.
- Judges will listen to each video up to the following time limits:
- Elementary Solo/Ensemble: 10 minutes
- Junior Solo/Ensemble: 15 minutes
- Senior Solo/Ensemble: 20 minutes
Entrants who do not follow guidelines may be disqualified.
Once each video has been completed according to the above instructions, students should upload their file to YouTube.
Once uploaded, please select edit details as follows: (see photo)
- Title: Enter your Auditions User Number
- Description: Enter the Title of your Composition here.
- Privacy: Select Unlisted
Enter the URL of each Video in the Form Below