Churchyard Cross

The Churchyard Cross

The churchyard cross – also known as the Wardyn Cross – has marked the spiritual centre of the town since medieval times.

It has an original early fourteenth-century shaft but its top was carved by Temple Moore in 1919 to commemorate those fallen in the First World War.

On the wall to the left of the west doors there is a memorial plaque to accompany the cross with the names of these soldiers inscribed.

Wardyn Cross

Memorial plaque