Multimedia and Digital Story Telling Tools
Multimedia and Digital Storytelling Tools
One of the most amazing things about tablets is the ability to easily create content or creations which offer students alternative ways to demonstrate their learning. There are many free options that take advantage of this capability.
- AdobeSpark (previously called Adobe Voice) - "One of the simplest, most creative, most joyous apps ever written.” — David Pogue, Yahoo! Tech" Story Telling. "Communicate with Impact"
- Thinglink- Create Interactive images with text, and video. Thinglink for Education with examples
- 30 Hands - a beautiful universally designed app, highly recommended
- Drawp for schools - "Create. Learn. Collaborate." Includes tools for drawing, painting, adding text, photos and voice recording.
- Voice Thread app
- Videolicious app
- Sock Puppets app (especially useful for students with ASD, create social scenarios for perspective taking)
- Puppet Pals
- ToonTastic Free
- ScreenCasting apps - Educreations, Screen Chomp and Show ME
- Fotobabble - create a talking picture in seconds. Great for home school communication, or students sharing their thoughts about something they created.
- Story Kit
- LIttle Bird Tales - Digital Story Telling app with audio, excellent for younger students.
- Adobe Spark - "Create impactful social graphics, web stories and animated videos with Spark’s free graphic design app."
- StoryBoard That - Fun, storyboard creation site. Add scenes, props, characters with facial expressions and poses. Plan and organize your writing with this interactive graphic organizer. Teacher Guides and Resources here.
- Voice Thread- capture audio for online digital storytelling.This is a great tool for reaching the needs of all the learners in our classrooms, for all content areas from K-12. The pro version is free to K-12 educators. Make sure you watch the excellent tutorials to take advantage of all the features this tool has to offer. A free iPad app is now available which is a fantastic, easy tool. It's a must have
Click the link for some examples to show you how other educators are using Voice Thread for Education.
- Go Animate
- Photo Peach - Import photos, write captions, add music, done! The spiral effect is cool. PhotoPeach for Educators.
- Animoto - create fully customized videos of user-selected images and music almost instantaneously. The web application does all the work once you select your images and audio. EASYT This one is so cool! Animoto For Educators
- FotoBabble - create talking photos, EASY
FotoBabble examples (Click the Play button to hear the audio):
- ScrapBlog- Create online multimedia scrapbooks from your text, video, audio and photos
- Storybird - collaborative storytelling
- Story Maker - create fairy tales, great for young students.
- MagicStudio -Create interactive visual resources to reinforce instruction or to allow students to demonstrate what they know using web-based tools. Can also create quizzes and timelines. Watch the tour here.
- Pikistrips.com - Easily create free photo trips, show pictures, FREE
- Building Wings: How I Made it Through Schooll - A free "Readers Theater Implementation Toolkit" accompanies this autobiography by Don Johnston "which helps learners take charge of their learning potential!" Learned about this from Valerie who left a comment.
- 50 2.0 Ways to Tell a Story (Alan Levine--CogDogRoo)
- Described and Captioned Media Program: free media loans (captioned and described) and advice and tools for captioning media