- Popplet Lite - Great for brainstorming, organizing, mind mapping. Easy to use.
- Idea Sketch - offers a linear as well as a graphic view as an organizing tool
- SimpleMInd + - mind mapping app
- Inspiration Lite- can make five maps using the extensive template library or create your own from scratch
- Kidspiration Lite - the visual way to explore and understand words, numbers and concepts for grades K-5
- Mind Mup - Easy to use mind mapping/brainstorming tool, offers Google Drive or Dropbox storage
- Lucid Chart - collaborative diagrams for mind mapping, brainstorming.
- Bubbl.us - Brain Storming and Organizing Tool good for visual thinkers/learners, EASY to use, very simple, customizable features, sharing capabilities
- Popplet - fun tool for mind maps, graphic organizers, concept maps. Can create up to five at no cost
- XMIND - Free version offers ability to upload to Evernote and share
- Creately - offers online diagramming and collaboration. Access the free version here.
- Coggle - online collaborative graphic organizing/mind mapping tool
- Read/Write/Think Story Map Tool - Quickly create a visual of complex information, EASY, can't share
- Read/Write/Think Graphic Map Tool - designed to be used as part of the pre-writing process to identify high and low points related to the subject. It could be a reaction to a book, writing about an event or a day, etc.
- Cacoo - graphic organizer, allows synchronous collaboration as well.
- Diagramly - easy to use, includes built-in graphics
- Wisemapping - mind maps, share with others
- Belvedere - Downloadable graphic organizer, designed for k-12 population, MODERATE to use,
- Graphic Organizer Templates - 40 downloadable templates to use in a word processing program, quick, EASY
- Graphic Organizer Templates - can be downloaded in Word or as PDFs or HTML. Include templates such as Character Maps, Concept Maps and StoryBoards (Note: not all templates are editable online. It appears to depend upon who created them)
- Great Source iWrite: Graphic Organizer Templates - click on "Writer's Tools" and then narrative, expository, persuasive, response to literature or research templates to use in a word processing program. EASY
- Prezi.com - Unique way to present information/ideas and concepts,interactive flow chart, MODERATE to use
- Free Mind - mind-mapping tool
- Mindomo - mind-mapping tool, has microsoft word like features
- Recall Plus - Students can organize their notes, create flashcards, make use of 3D tools and more in this great mind mapping tool. It is downloadable.
- Gliffy Create and share diagrams on the Web
- Best4C-(for upper grades) >
- CMAP - concept maps
- Character Scrapbook- Analyze characters with this organizer from Scholastic
- CAST Science Writer- Helps students write a science lab report using chunking, prompting, and graphic organize