I am an Associate Professor of Economics and Finance at University College London
Main Fields of Interests
Financial Intermediation, Banking Regulation, Macroeconomics, and Political Economy.
- Financial Contagion, In: Gerard Caprio (ed.), Handbook of Safeguarding Global Financial Stability: Political, Social, Cultural, and Economic Theories and Models, 2013, Vol.2, pp. 139-143. Oxford: Elsevier. (with Robert Kollmann)
- Self-fulfilling Liquidity Dry-ups, Journal of Finance, 2014, Vol. 69, pp. 947-970.
- Non-technical summary to appear in FAMe. (link)
- Unanimous Rules in the Laboratory, Games and Economic Behavior, 2017, Vol. 102, pp. 179-198. (With Laurent Bouton and Aniol Llorente-Saguer.)
- Get Rid of Unanimity Rule: The Superiority of Majority Rules with Veto Power, Journal of Political Economy, 126(1), 2018, pp. 107-149 . (with Laurent Bouton and Aniol Llorente-Saguer)
- Optimal Capital Requirements over the Business and Financial Cycles, American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, forthcoming.
- The Forced Safety Effect: How Higher Capital Requirements Can Increase Bank Lending (with Saleem Bahaj), Journal of Finance, forthcoming.
- [New version] Pipeline Risk in Leveraged Loan Syndication (with Max Bruche and Ralf Meisenzahl), Review of Financial Studies, forthcoming.
- Featured in VoxEU
If you are a London based researcher working on Financial Intermediation Theory (broadly defined), you may want to join the London Financial Intermediation Theory Network. Just drop me an email if you are interested.