The college has the following page with maps and directions for visiting Dartmouth college.
Flying to Boston Logan Airport
The easiest way to get to Dartmouth is to fly into Boston Logan Airport (a major hub), and take the Dartmouth Coach bus line directly to Hanover. Dartmouth Coach is a private company that runs 9 round trips between Boston Logan and Hanover each day. A few things to know about the Dartmouth Coach:
- A round trip ticket to Hanover, the last stop of the route, costs $62.
- The bus stops at each terminal—locations are listed on their website.
- The bus has complementary power outlets, wifi (unreliable), bottled water, and pretzels.
- Technically, a ticket is not a seat reservation, and seats are first-come-first-board. The organizers have never heard of someone not being able to get a seat on the bus, though. This also means that if you miss the bus that you chose when purchasing your ticket, you can just wait for the next one.
- You must have a printed paper ticket.
- The last Dartmouth Coach leaves Boston Logan Airport at around 8:55pm (or a little later depending on which terminal).
For participants arriving after the last Dartmouth Coach on Sunday July 15th, a FPSAC minivan will be at the airport to pick up stranded passengers. Tickets are $50 per person (one-way only). If you miss the last bus or your flight is delayed to the point where you know this will happen, call or text Justin Troyka at 630-272-9813 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. The minivan plans to get to the airport around 9:45 pm.
Car rentals are also available.
Flying to Manchester Regional Airport
While Manchester Airport is closer to Hanover than Boston Logan, ground transportation is less convenient. Car rentals are available, and occasionally there is Greyhound bus service between Manchester and Hanover or between Manchester and White River Junction, VT, from where you can take a taxi (which should be reserved in advance).
Flying to Lebanon Municipal Airport
It is occasionally possible to fly into the very small single-gate Lebanon Municipal Airport located 15 minutes south of Hanover. The only planes that fly into this airport are eight-seat propeller planes, usually connecting through Boston. There are car rental agencies at the airport. If you'd like to use one of the area taxi services, you should reserve the taxi in advance. You cannot rely on Uber or Lyft service in the area.
Dartmouth Coach from New York City
The Dartmouth Coach offers a route between New York City and Hanover, NH. Unlike the Boston route mentioned above, these tickets are seat reservations and much be purchased in advance (the earlier, the better).
Parking at Dartmouth
If you choose to drive to Dartmouth, you may purchase a parking pass upon registration. (If you're staying at a hotel, rather than a dorm, your hotel may have alternative parking options.) Parking passes cost $10/day, and can be picked up upon checking in to the conference. They are valid for the Dewey Parking lot, which is in the north end of campus (outside of the map below, but see this map instead).
There are two suggested accommodation options:
- We have reserved a residence hall at Dartmouth (McLaughlin cluster, within walking distance from the conference location) for FPSAC participants. Each participant will have a private room with air conditioning, and share a semi-private bathroom and shower facilities. When you register for the conference, you will be asked if you want to reserve a dorm room. The cost is under $100/night and it includes meals during your stay at the Dartmouth dining hall called '53 Commons, which has a variety of high quality food options. Rooms have daily maid service, and towels and linens are provided. However, you are encouraged to bring your personal toiletries (including soap), full-sized bath towels, and warm pajamas (AC cannot be turned down). Only registered conference participants are allowed to stay at the dorms, so if are bringing a guest, we suggest that you stay at a hotel. Reservations must be made before June 15th.
- We have reserved a block of rooms at Six South Street Hotel, https://www.sixsouth.com/, +1-603-643-0600. To get the FPSAC discounted rate of $199/night (which only applies to the 6 nights starting on July 15), use the group attendee code “FPSAC18” when you make the reservation, either online or by phone. The hotel is in downtown Hanover, also within walking distance from the conference location. The group rate is guaranteed only up to May 25th. UPDATE (6/4): there are no more rooms available at the discounted conference rate, but they still have some regular rooms.
Participants staying at the residence halls (McLaughlin Cluster) will get a meal card that includes the following meals at the main Dartmouth dining hall ('53 Commons) between the first and the last night of your stay (e.g., if you are not staying Friday night, then Friday meals are not included): Monday lunch/dinner, Tuesday breakfast/lunch/dinner, Wednesday breakfast/dinner, Thursday breakfast/lunch, Friday breakfast/lunch/dinner.
There will be a section on the second floor of '53 Commons reserved for FPSAC participants to eat. Meals are buffet style (all you can eat), and there is a variety of food options.
Participants who are not staying at the residence halls may also choose to eat at '53 Commons, but they will have to pay $7.75 for breakfast, $10.75 for lunch, and $14.95 for dinner. There is also a variety of restaurants on Main St and Lebanon St.
The opening hours at '53 Commons are 7:00am--10:30am, 11am--2:30pm, 5pm--8:30pm on Monday through Saturday; and 7am--2:30pm, 5pm--8:30pm on Sunday.
In addition, the conference will provide breakfast on Monday starting at 7:30am at the Top of the Hop for all participants, lunch on Wednesday for those attending the excursion, and dinner on Thursday for those attending the banquet.