Camp dues should not be thought of as fees paid for services rendered. Rather, they are a cost share that we all contribute collectively to maximize the creation of an amazing experience for Entheos campers and the entire Burning Man Community. Working together we eat healthier, stay cleaner, remain cooler, reduce our carbon footprint and produce more magic on the Playa. Entheos is not a Black Rock City hotel or a turnkey camp (if you are looking for that you have found the wrong camp). It is the home we make with new and old friends who become family in the desert and lifelong connections. Ultimately, the camp dues save everyone considerable money through our community contributions and efforts.
Camp dues pay for:
- Two healthy, full meals per day (vegetarian and carnivore options) at brunch and supper.
- Access to private, water in/water out showers with grey water collection.
- Power (and fuel for that power) to run the camp, charge electronic devices, provide lighting, and supply power to RVs and tents (at an additional shared cost).
- Over 8,000 sqf of shade structures for tent campers.
- Propane for fire art sculptures and the kitchen.
- Refrigeration for camp kitchen food storage.
- Infrastructure rental.
- Camp equipment transportation, storage and maintenance costs.
- Food permits.
- Gifting food and beverages.
- Performance lighting, professional sound system, visual projection equipment.
- Community structures.
- Kitchen and shower grey water disposal.
- Printing and IT expenses.
Entheos 2018 Camp Dues
Entheos camp dues are comprised of three components:
- Cost contribution for On-Playa Resources (e.g., food, kitchen and shower grey water removal, interactivity production, etc.);
- Cost contribution for Entheos Infrastructure Management (e.g., transportation and storage of camp infrastructure, fleet insurance, repairs and upgrade of camp equipment, etc.); and,
- A Leave No Trace (LNT) Deposit that is refundable if all agreed criteria are met.
Camp dues increase monthly as Burning Man approaches. We do this for several reasons:
- It encourages early registration so that we can fund build projects that take more time to complete;
- Campers who register early tend to be better prepared, contribute more time to camp projects and use less resources;
- Campers who register later tend to be less prepared, contribute less time to camp projects and use more resources.
Last year we had twice as many campers wanting to camp with Entheos as we had available space to accommodate. That trend is increasing this year. Our focus is to create a diverse, conscientious, enthusiastic group of participants who collectively manifest the gifts Entheos has to offer as an interactive theme camp to the larger Burning Man community. Camp members who distinguish themselves as outstanding participants (work and play well with others, actively practice the Ten Principles, evince an awesome attitude, and are generally fun people with whom to Burn) are invited to Entheos’ Directed Group Sale (DGS) the following year with access to guaranteed tickets to Burning Man and a place to camp with Entheos.
Core Camp Infrastructure Team (with DGS tickets from Entheos)
60 Camp slots total (filled for 2018)
(Typically these are returning camp members who have been offered access to guaranteed DGS tickets to Burning Man by Entheos due to their significant contributions to camp projects (on and off Playa), and/or have accepted responsibility for major camp departments.)
Camp Dues: $300, of which $0 is a refundable LNT deposit.
120 Camp slots total
(Typically these are new camp members who have not camped with Entheos before, or are returning camp members in good standing who only have time to participate during the event on Playa.)
Register by March 30
Camp Dues: $450, of which $100 is a refundable LNT deposit.
Register by April 30
Camp Dues: $525, of which $125 is a refundable LNT deposit.
Register by May 30
Camp Dues: $600, of which $150 is a refundable LNT deposit.
Register by June 30
Camp Dues: $675, of which $175 is a refundable LNT deposit.
Register by July 30
Camp Dues: $750, of which $200 is a refundable LNT deposit.
Entheos Camp Strike Tram:
20 camp spots total, DGS not eligible
(Typically, these are camp members who have committed to staying after the event to work with camp strike and clean-up until it is completely done and the last person leaves camp, even if that is as late as Wednesday, September 5, 2018 at 9:00pm. While the dues are higher, 2/3rds of the dues are refunded if commitments are upheld. This is also the best route to being invited to the Entheos DGS ticket sale the following year.)
Camp Dues: $600, of which $400 is a refundable LNT deposit.
The LNT (Leave No Trace) deposit is refundable based upon three simple agreements:
- Doing three or more volunteer shifts during Burn week.
- Packing out of Burning Man what you pack into Burning Man.
- Actively helping with camp strike until 6pm on Monday, September 3, 2018 (unless you are on the Camp Strike/MOOP team, which stays longer).
(Entheos is a big camp, and it takes the collaborative effort of ALL of its camp members to run well. If you don’t do your part, other campers have to carry your weight. This takes additional time away from their enjoyment of Burning Man to do what you promised to do, and that is not fun for anyone. We do not do partial refunds of LNT deposits.)
(To reduce our carbon footprint and to minimize noise, Entheos does not permit the use of personal generators in camp unless there is an interruption of the power grid that we provide. Cost of power for common areas like the kitchen, stage and interactive spaces are included in the general camp dues. Provision of personal power for RVs and tents is on a cost share basis at the rates listed. These rates are per RV or per tent, not per person).
Standard RV 30amp/110 volt power
30 RV spots available
Cost share to provide RV power $400
Tent 15 amp, 110 volt power
50 tent spots with power available
Cost share to provide tent power $200
Payment of Camp Dues
You can send camp dues via PayPal to: LogisticBurner@gmail.com
Or via Venmo to: @LogisticBurner
Just be sure to use the Friends and Family setting so they do not deduct fees from your funds. The full amount of the dues need to arrive with Entheos, the camp will not absorb transaction or currency exchange fees. If you choose to use Goods and Services to transmit your camp dues, be sure to adjust the amount so that the total received by Entheos, after deduction of transaction fees, is equal to the correct camp dues.
If you need to make alternate financial arrangements, contact James (Logistic) directly to consider options.