- The Federal Arbitration Act of 1925 is the current law of the land.
- Several Supreme Court cases have extended the scope of that law. Watch this quick video to understand.
- To fix this, Senator Richard Blumenthal and Representatives Hank Johnson and Jerrold Nadler have introduced the FAIR Act:
- While a constellation of other laws have been introduced to address arbitration in certain sectors or for certain types of issues, our group is advocating for the FAIR Act to address all issues for workers, consumers and small businesses. Read the full bill text here.
- We went to Washington, DC in Feb 2018 to advocate for the legislation and support survivors. Read our press release here and watch the press conference below:
- We strongly believe there's both a Democrat and Republican case for this legislation. Read our essay entitled "The Bipartisan Case for Ending Forced Arbitration", which includes recent polling data that highlights this support from both parties. Visit bit.ly/HartStudy for the full results.
Chairman Lindsey Graham called for a hearing on Arbitration in American on Tue, April 2nd. We've embedded the taping below - skip to the: 00:21:24 mark to get to the start. Depending on your browser - you may have to open the site below in a new window.
Congressman David Cicilline of the House Judiciary Antitrust Subcommittee held a hearing on Thu, May 16. We've embedded the taping below - skip to the 00:20:50 mark to get to the start. Depending on your browser - you may have to open the site below in a new window.
Hear from a chorus of voices who have already spoken out on the issue: