- The mission of the Downtown Residents Association Windsor is to unite the diverse communities of Downtown Windsor and to provide an innovative forum for all community stakeholders to contribute to a healthy, vibrant and inclusive Downtown neighborhood.
- The Constitution is the fundamental principles of the Association.
- The corporation shall be named This organization shall be called "Downtown Residents Association Windsor", hereinafter known as the DRAW.
- DRAW is incorporated by letters patent dated May 16, 2008.
- The objectives of the DRAW shall be:
- learning and advocating for the needs of downtown residents
- creating an organization that truly represents the diversity of people and the interests of downtown
- promote interaction and communication with the downtown community and adjacent neighborhoods to advance common interests and goals
- advancing the cultural and social interests of the residents in the downtown area of the city of Windsor in the province of Ontario
- carrying on research and investigation into problems connected with ownership, development, management, financing and promotion of real property in the downtown area of the city of Windsor
- represent community interests in all matters dealing with the city of Windsor and other governmental jurisdictions
- monitor and communicate with city employees and departments that serve the downtown area in the city of Windsor
- utilize all city, county, provincial and federal mandates to enhance the quality of life downtown
- consult with city officials regarding development plans for the downtown area
- encourage activities that highlight public safety, neighborhood beautification, residential and economic development and historic preservation and renovation
- to make the DRAW accessible, honest, and fair, to the largest number of downtown residents as possible.