MISSION STATEMENT : To improve learning outcomes by building a ‘Kind’ school through engaging our whole community to value learning, themselves and others.
Students are able to:
- Be their own teacher
- Articulate what they are learning and why
- Initiate and engage in effective dialogue and feedback
- Talk about how they are learning – the strategies they are using to learn
- Articulate their next learning steps
- Understand assessment tools used and what their results mean and can self-assess (assessment capable)
- Seeks opportunities and develops strategies to know what to do when they don’t know what to do
- Ask questions
- Respond to challenges using effective strategies
Teachers are able to:
- Build relationships with students – students know that they care.
- Engage in effective dialogue with students
- Develop a safe engaging classroom environment
- Be clear about learning progressions
- Use strategies to allow accelerated learning to occur
- Provide challenging learning for students
- Set high achievable expectations for learning
- Use a wide range of instructional strategies
- Be an activator rather than a facilitator
- Be highly effective practitioners of student learning
- Know how to accelerate learning.
Home and School Partnership that:
- Have a common language of learning that is shared with home and school
- Have a shared understanding of common goals
- Have shared high expectations, especially over the importance of education.