- Prospective Parents and Students: Learn more about the GATE/STEAM Magnet Program! Scroll down for details about information sessions and application deadlines.
- Family and Parent-only social events are planned in 2018-2019 to strengthen our Magnet Community. Events are planned by the Magnet Excellence Committee.
- The Magnet Excellence Committee supports the program through fundraising efforts and marketing/outreach to local elementary schools.
Prospective parents and students
Learn more about Columbus Tustin's GATE/STEAM Magnet Program. Go to the information page for an overview of the program and the application.
Onsite elementary school visits are scheduled for late November to early December.
Parent (and student) information sessions at the CT Campus are scheduled on December 11 from 6:00-7:30 p.m. and on December 19 from 8:15-9:30 a.m. Please join us to hear more details from teachers and current parents and students.
Applications are due on January 11, 2019. Applications include teacher recommendations and student answers to essay questions. Be sure to allow enough time for everyone to complete their part of the application.
Magnet Program Contributions
Contribute $600 for the 2018-2019 school year. Pay by credit card, check or cash.
First contribution due: September 15
Final contribution due: December 15
For credit card payments, click on the Payment Options drop-down to select your payment options (in full or installments). The service fee is included in the payment amount.
Payment by check or cash is accepted at the CT Front Office or by mail: Columbus Tustin Middle School ATTN: PTO Magnet 17952 Beneta Way, Tustin, CA 92780
Make checks payable to "Columbus Tustin PTO" Please be sure to add Magnet + your student's name and grade on the Memo line of your check.
Matching Gifts: Ask your employer if they offer a Matching Gifts program. Your contribution may be eligible to be doubled! All Matching Gift donations are applied to the general Magnet Fund to cover need based financial aid. Matching Gifts are not applied to your specific student or to the $600 fee for your student's participation in field trips or science camps.
Magnet Excellence Committee
Purpose: To make sure the CT Magnet Program is the best it can be for everyone involved. The Committee meets once or twice a month. Specific focus areas of the Committee:
- Welcoming Parents and Students into the Program Examples: New Family Mix + Mingle, Fall Family Picnic, Parents-only Fall Fundraiser
- Marketing & Outreach Identify what makes the Magnet Program unique in TUSD; update marketing and outreach to elementary schools for 2018 recruiting
- Fundraising & Program Development Examine current fundraising events and explore additional ways to fund Magnet Program; explore grants and other means to enhance student experiences
Meeting Dates & Times: Monthly from 6:30-8 pm in the CT Teacher's Lounge
2018: November 14 (Wednesday night), December 6 (Thursday night)
2019: January 9 (note: 2nd Wednesday), February 6, March 6, April 3, May 1, June 5
If you are interested in joining the Committee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Gina Salzman (213-705-0663)
Have you been receiving the Magnet Newsletter? You'll find information about upcoming events and information about field trips and camps. To add additional email recipients to the newsletter, click here and complete the subscription form.
Here are past newsletters
spring Event: April 2019 (Sunday)
annual welcome afternoon for incoming 5th grade families
New Magnet Family Mix + Mingle 2019
For incoming 6th graders, as well as new students who will be in 7th or 8th grade in September 2019
Welcome the new Magnet Students and their families! This Mix + Mingle is an informal opportunity to get to know each other, and ask questions of some current students and parents.
If you are a current parent and would like to attend, please email email@example.com
When: Sunday, April TBD from 2-4 pm
Details will be shared in late February/early March 2019
If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding the Magnet Program (non-academic), please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Contribute to the Magnet Program
The CT Magnet Program provides unique educational opportunities to enhance science and math learning. Additional field trips and hands-on activities are hallmarks of the program.
Check with your employer to see if they offer a Matching Gifts program. If so, your contribution could double in value!
Our Taxpayer ID is: 33-0767183