2020 BCXC Season
There are several new requirements and protocols, so please take the time to read the information below. You will see that there are documents that must be on file with the Athletic Department BEFORE attending practice and there are new protocols for attending practice each morning.
BEFORE JULY 6th -
Class of 2024 and New Athletes
· Freshmen athletes and new athletes are required to turn in an IHSAA pre-participation physical before the first official practice (8th grade physicals can’t be accepted). If you have you have a doctors appointment scheduled or will be going to the BCHS physical night please notify Anne Harless at firstname.lastname@example.org so it can be noted.
· Freshmen athletes and new athletes must complete the online BCHS Athletic Eligibility Form - Part II. The above link allows you to do this electronically and it must be completed by Monday, July 6. All athletes from the same family may be entered on one form even if they aren't playing a fall sport.
· NEW REQUIREMENT: Freshman athletes and new athletes must complete a Student Health and Safety Plan required by the Archdiocese of Indianapolis. The above link allows you to do this electronically and it must be completed by Monday, July 6.
· Returning athletes are not required to turn in an IHSAA pre-participation physical form; however, ALL returning athletes are required to complete a 2020-21 IHSAA Health History Update Questionnaire and Consent & Release Certificate. Completed forms can be scanned and sent to Anne Harless at email@example.com
· Returning athletes must fill out the online BCHS Athletic Eligibility Form- Part II. The above link allows you to do this electronically and it must be completed by Monday, July 6.
· NEW REQUIREMENT: Returning athletes must fill out a Student Health and Safety Plan required by the Archdiocese of Indianapolis. The above link allows you to do this electronically and it must be completed by Monday, July 6th.
Daily Checklist for Attending BCXC practice:
1) Complete the COVID-19 Monitoring Form before each practice. The form will be open for completion on Sunday, July 5th due to it's time-sensitive nature. A copy of your responses will be emailed to the person completing the form. This email can be shown to the coaches at check-in to speed up the process.
2) Wear a mask - masks are mandatory upon arrival and departure and any other indicated time. Masks are not required while running.
3) Bring your own water bottle with your name clearly marked on it. Please bring enough water for the entire practice
4) Maintain social distancing while checking for practice and while leaving practice. All athletes should leave the campus immediately after practice has concluded.
**It is essential for the Bishop Chatard community to work together to prevent the introduction and spread of COVID-19 in the school environment and in the community. Bishop Chatard will make every effort to be proactive in recognizing the symptoms of COVID-19 and responding appropriately. It is important for students and coaches to stay home if they exhibit any of the following COVID-19-related symptoms:
· A fever of 100.4° F or greater
· Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
· Repeated shaking with chills
· Muscle pain
· Sore throat
· New loss of taste or smell
· Congestion/runny nose
· Nausea, vomiting