How to Earn Volunteer Hours
What counts toward Volunteer Hours?
- Attendance at General and Board PTSP Meetings
- Board Officer duties – (PTSP Board, Foundation Board, BHCA Board and Booster Board duties)
- Working in classroom – volunteering in the classroom helping teacher with copying, reading, activities, etc. Helping teacher at home (decodable books, book orders, phone calls, cut-outs, etc.)
- Room parent duties (calling parents, planning and setting up for parties and special events for the teacher.)
- Attendance at orientation meeting
- Library help – (sorting, filing books, etc.)
- Lunchroom help (helping monitor classes in the lunchroom, cleaning tables, sweeping, etc.)
- Campus maintenance (working on campus upkeep, repair work) Workdays (special called workdays for school campus, athletic
- Helping at Drop off and pick up area (helping aides with the opening of car doors for children, etc.)
- Tutoring (tutoring students individually, in groups or in aftercare)
- Attendance at Booster Meetings (athletics, choir, band, assigned work @ Booster event, activities working at events)
- Working sports events (helping by coaching, time clock, setting up for sports events, clean up, concession stand)
- Chair and or working at Events, Book Fair, Breakfast w/ Santa, Magazine Sales, etc.
- Sorting lost and found items
- Working at Field Day (assisting coaches with events)
- Hall monitor for State testing
- Soliciting business partnerships to support school with school approval
- Summer clean up and fix up
- Approved chaperone on a school approved field trip. You must be in direct supervision of children (not just traveling with your child) and traveling with the group. Note: Overnight trips required not only school raptor check but also a criminal background check through the Sheriff’s office and will require you to have completed the volunteer form which will be submitted by the school prior to your approval as a chaperone for the trip).
These volunteer activities can be performed at any time during the school day.
- Trimming, sorting, counting and bagging Labels for Education and Boxtops. These are located in the school office in collection boxes. You can take them to the courtyard area to work with them.
- Hanging and sizing uniforms in uniform store in a neat and orderly manner.
- Deciphering names on Lost and Found items and dropping a note at homeroom class for student.
- Calling the phone list to set up volunteers for fundraisers. Contact email@example.com
- Making signs for fundraisers and events.
These volunteer activities can be performed during the school day, but only on specified days.
- Organizing cookie dough, book fair and catalog sales orders.
- Separating shipments of cookie dough, books and catalog items by teacher and student.
- Delivering books and catalog items to classrooms and tracking accuracy of orders.
- Verifying shipment to orders.
- Counting fish fry and barbecue ticket sales.
- Issuing tickets for fish fry and barbecue by teacher.
- Giving cookie dough orders to students and tracking accuracy of orders.
- Counting money for all sales events to insure it matches order totals.
- Distributing pre-sold tickets, t-shirts, etc. to classrooms.
- Tracking Festival ticket sales and monies.
- Delivering Festival tickets to classroom.
- Delivering contest prizes to students.
- Setting up and attending prize parties for contest winners.
- Picking up, counting and tallying winners for contests.
Bay Haven PTSP is now using Signup.BayHavenPTSP.com to organize our upcoming activities.
Bay Haven PTSP - Volunteer Spots
We primarily serve our great school in two ways: through fundraising and great family events. We have several fundraisers throughout the school year. These funds provide much needed supplies for our school, such as books for our classrooms and Media Center (library), new kitchen equipment, playground equipment, computers, computer software, Teacher Appreciation Week, science laboratory supplies, Student of the Quarter and Citizen of the Quarter, The Raptor Security System, Red Ribbon Week, furniture and shelving around the school, the Summer Work Reward Parties, and much, much, more.