- Dalhousie University - 2004 Bachelor of Science | Advanced Major in Biology
- University of Windsor - 2009 Bachelor of Education | P/J Urban Education Program
Additional Qualifications - Ontario College of Teachers
- French as a Second Language, Specialist
- Special Education, Specialist
- Mathematics Part 1
- Google for Education Certified Educator, Level 1 & Level 2
- Google for Education Certified Innovator - #LON17
- Google's Geo Teacher's Institute 2017
- Mindfulness (Stress Management & Resilience Techniques - UBC, Faculty of Education)
- Mentoring Certificate Course (York University)
- Apple Teacher
During my work in the classroom:
- Students are engaged in activities that spark their interest and facilitate oral communication as they embark on their journey to uncover the curriculum in both French and English.
- Through inquiry and project based learning, students are empowered to make meaningful connections between the curriculum and their everyday lives.
- Technology facilitates learning and the communication of ideas through G(oogle) Suite for Education.
- There was a lot of excitement - and sometimes noise - as we collaborated to problem solve and grow as learners.
- G Suite for Education (Google Apps for Education)
- Google Classroom
- Google Sites
- Laptops and Chromebooks
- Lego Mindstorms EV3s
Professional Experience outside of the classroom
Future Design School
I am an Education Lead at Future Design School. I work with an amazing team facilitating professional development in schools and districts, and provide support for educators looking to help equip their students with future-ready skills.
MaRS Teacher in Residence and E-Thinking Pilot with the TDSB
Along with a colleague, I prepared a unit that was promoted through MaRS and the TDSB to assist teachers in their understanding and incorporation of Entrepreneurial Thinking in the classroom.
Bring IT Together (BIT) Conference 2015 Innovation Station Presenter
I facilitated conversations around inquiry in the classroom and school through our School-wide Water Inquiry Project.
#tdsbEd Twitter Chat Co-creator and Co-moderator
Co-creator of #tdsbEd - Twitter chats for TDSB Educators to share, learn and connect. Co-moderator of bi-weekly Twitter chats on various topics related to education and technology.
Blogging about my experiences and learning in Education.
TDSB Tinkering Thursdays Facilitator
Facilitating tinkering sessions as a part of team working to create professional development opportunities for teachers in our board to come together and learn from each other.
- EdTech Team Canada GAFE Summits 2016/2017 (Toronto, Montreal and London)
- TDSB Google Camp 4.0 & 5.0
- 2017 & 2018 ETFO Women in ICT Conference
- Connect 2017 & Connect 2018 - Canada’s Learning and Technology Conference
- STAO Conference 2017
- Bring IT Together (BIT) Conference 2017 Presenter
- Unleashing Learning 2018
Invited to present on a variety of technology related topics such as: an Introduction to the new Google Sites; Digital Breakouts using Google Slides; Leveraging Twitter in the TDSB and Beyond; and Innovation and Collaboration through Entrepreneurial Thinking and G Suite for Education. Please take a look at the Presentations and Workshops page for my sessions.