- Dalhousie University - 2004 Bachelor of Science | Advanced Major in Biology
- University of Windsor - 2009 Bachelor of Education | P/J Urban Education Program
Additional Qualifications - Ontario College of Teachers
- French as a Second Language, Specialist
- Special Education, Specialist
- Mathematics Part 1
- Google for Education Certified Educator, Level 1 & Level 2
- Google for Education Certified Innovator - #LON17
- Mindfulness (Stress Management & Resilience Techniques - UBC, Faculty of Education)
- Mentoring Certificate Course (York University)
In My Classroom:
- Students are engaged in activities that spark their interest and facilitate oral communication as they embark on their journey to uncover the curriculum in both French and English.
- Through inquiry and project based learning, students are empowered to make meaningful connections between the curriculum and their everyday lives.
- Technology facilitates learning and the communication of ideas through G(oogle) Suite for Education.
- There's lots of excitement - and sometimes noise - as we collaborate to problem solve and grow as learners.
- G Suite for Education (Google Apps for Education)
- Google Classroom
- Google Sites
- Laptops and Chromebooks
- Lego Mindstorms EV3s
Professional Experience outside of the classroom
MaRS Teacher in Residence and E-Thinking Pilot with the TDSB
Along with a colleague, I prepared a unit that was promoted through MaRS and the TDSB to assist teachers in their understanding and incorporation of Entrepreneurial Thinking in the classroom.
Bring IT Together (BIT) Conference 2015 Innovation Station Presenter
I facilitated conversations around inquiry in the classroom and school through our School-wide Water Inquiry Project.
#tdsbEd Twitter Chat Co-creator and Co-moderator
Co-creator of #tdsbEd - Twitter chats for TDSB Educators to share, learn and connect. Co-moderator of bi-weekly Twitter chats on various topics related to education and technology.
- EdTech Team Canada GAFE Summits 2016/2017 (Toronto, Montreal and London)
- TDSB Google Camp 4.0
- 2017 ETFO ICT Conference
- Connect 2017 - Canada’s Learning and Technology Conference
- STAO Conference 2017
Invited to present on a variety of technology related topics such as: an Introduction to the new Google Sites; Digital Breakouts using Google Slides; and Innovation and Collaboration through Entrepreneurial Thinking and G Suite for Education. Please take a look at the Presentations and Workshops page for my sessions.
I'm excited to begin a new blogging journey this fall with ETFO.