[Work in progress. Anticipated completion June 15, 2019.]
On December 22, 1852, Joseph S. Rhea and Z.L. Burson, agents for the Jonesborough Lodge No. 40 of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows purchased the school property for $767. In 1853, they built the Odd Fellow High School. At the October 1853 term of court, the sale was recognized and a deed made. On August 1, 1853, A.J. Rose sold the land that adjoined the lot to the Odd Fellows. On May 6, 1859, the District Court of East Tennessee conveyed lot number twenty-five to the Odd Fellows. The deed was finally issued on September 18, 1861.
1913 Sanborn Fire Map - 1853 School building