Equipping every student to engage, thrive and contribute in an ever-changing world.
Our objectives for our learners:
3. Every student demonstrates a commitment to contribute by participating in projects that are meaningful to the student and to the community.
It's about Equity
We are working to develop a profound and deep respect for each individual in our learning community to ensure each is able to engage, thrive and contribute. Each person in our community treated fairly; recognized, acknowledged and valued because of individual differences.
"Tree" Wordle created by our staff on October 14, 2016 during the keynote address: Engaging, Learning and Leading for Equity. Speaker: Nikum Pon, Puget Sound Educational Service District
1. Deepen students’ engagement in their learning community.
2. Adopt, embed, and evaluate a district set of cognitive and social skills within a growth mindset.
3. Make learning relevant and responsive to students’ lives in an ever-changing world.
1. Instructional Practice Initiative: Empower teachers to lead instructional change using the Marzano Instructional Framework; increase student engagement and enhance student growth by effectively monitoring and addressing the unique needs of our learners.
2. Culture Initiative: Implement a social-emotional health framework along with research-based programming to facilitate a culture of care and compassion which encompasses life skills for healthy living, systems of intervention and support to address the unique needs of our learners, and a commitment to racial equity in our school community.