I have a strong passion to help the special needs community and believe that by using strengths within, many can overcome the changes. I have developed a number of resources and donated the entire process to the non-profit organization "The Gifted Learning Project". I assisted in starting this non-profit and server on the board of various non-profits.
My heart beats for the special needs community and did not go unnoticed. In 2006, I was selected for the Family Fun magazine, Points of Light Foundation, and Walt Disney Company to be awarded the "Outstanding Volunteer Award". I am also the producer of the award-wining documentary on PBS, "Dakota's Pride - One Father's Search for the Truth About Down Syndrome". In the past several years, I have appeared on hundreds of radio and television shows including Fox News and quoted in The Kansas City Star, The Business Journal, and USA Today. I was also the lecturer at special needs conferences of all size and the Keynote Speaker at Notre Dame University.
With that all said, you will find many of my book topics dealing with special needs. I devolved them from my heart and to help family and friends dealing with the topics. It was my way of helping and now I hope it helps you and your family. - Sam Sagmiller
Please feel free to contact me or send me feedback.
- He has appeared on hundreds of radio and television shows including Fox News and quoted in The Kansas City Star, The Business Journal and USA Today..
- co-wrote the movie Dyslexia our lifes, webpage: giftedlearningproject.org/glp_movie.html
- Lectured internationally for countless Teacher workshops, classroom discussions, Notre Dame, Learning Disabilities Worldwide, Inc. (LDW), Learning Disability Association (LDA), International Dyslexia Association (IDA) and Michigan Dyslexia Institute(MDI).
- He has also been featured in business and parenting publications.
- He is currently the executive director of the non-profit organization, The Gifted Learning Project.
- Author of DT Publishing's best selling Autobiographic book, DYSLEXIA MY LIFE. The book won teacher's pick award
- A motivational speaker for small to Fortune 500 Corporations.
- He has authored award winning published stories / articles on learning disabilities.
- Guest/keynote speaker at the Internal, state and regional learning disability conferences.
- Keynote speaker at special needs conference at University of Notre Dame.
- Founder and developer of the web site dyslexiamylife.org. The web site won outstanding web site award from the Disability Network. Located at dyslexiamylife.org
- Winner of the Ronald E. Weger award for public awareness of dyslexia.
- He is the subject of countless newspaper and magazine article on dyslexia and learning disabilities.
- He has authored and produced limitless videos, tapes and CDs on learning disabilities.
- Understands dyslexia, because he is dyslexic.
- Member of Learning Disability Association
- Member of the International Dyslexia Association
- He servers as board member for Kansas/Western Missouri Branch of Internal Dyslexia Association and President of the board and co-founder for The Gifted Learning Project both (501(3)c) organization.
His story will deeply touch you. It will remind you that everyone, whether having been diagnosed with a learning disability or not, can benefit from learning how to deal with the obstacles that threaten to hold them back in life.
His autobiography also tells his story well. We wants to help you, inform you, and support you. He is available, at your convenience, to answer further questions you may have.
Interview Questions for Us:
1. What is dyslexia?
2. How can you tell if you, or someone you know, have dyslexia?
3. What advice can you give to parents of dyslexics?
4. What well known celebrities have dyslexia?
5. How does most of a young dyslexic child's learning take place?
6. Why do so many troubled teens have LD?
7. Why don't most schools test for dyslexia?
8. How did you overcome dyslexia?
9. What is the title of your book and are there other resources available?
10. What words of encouragement would you give to someone learning to deal with dyslexia?
Contact: Us, 816-200-0457
Time Zone: Central
Available for: television, radio, and print publication interviews (via telephone or in person), book signings, workshops, motivational speaking, and school presentations.
To find out more about booking Him for public speaking and motivational presentations, call 816-200-0457.
You can write with any question or comments to:
The Gifted Learning Project,10E 135TH ST #481551, Kansas City, MO 64148-1551, 816-200-0457
or call 816-200-0457
© Copyright DML- The Gifted Learning Project,2020 All rights reserved. DyslexiaMyLife.org