Catholic Special Character
Dear Parents and Friends
Greetings and welcome to our website. I'm, sure you are looking to see what makes our school tick and what makes a Catholic school different from any other. In brief, we pride ourselves in the following:
- St Joseph's is a Parish School and is part of the St Patrick's Parish family
- We are very family orientated and a welcoming and inclusive school
- We endeavour to show by example and teach the values of Christ namely a sense of justice harmony and reverence towards all from both teachers and students which is paramount.
- Our school values are Respect, Reverence, Resilience and Relationships and these we revisit from time to time to see that we can raise the cross bar even higher.
- Our last ERO report was outstanding. This doesn't mean we can become complacent but we endeavour to raise the standard in class and out of class.
We have school and family Masses with the parishioners. The students and teachers arrange the music and their participation and arrangement of the celebration throughout these Masses is of great importance.
Finally our goal is for all students to grow in a culture of true belonging, respect for one another and also have a dignity and pride in themselves and walk in the true spirit of Christ Jesus.
Mass Times at St Patrick's Parish, Reed Street, Oamaru
- Saturday at 5.00 pm
- Sunday at 9.30 am
Fr Wayne Healey