PTA Council: An important link and works to carry out the mission of PTA
"To be a powerful voice for all children,a relevant resource for families and communities, and a strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child"
"To make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children."
- A powerful voice for all children
- A relevant resource for families and communities
- A strong advocate for the education and well being of every child
- Collaboration: We work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to accomplish our agreed-upon goals.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to promoting children's health, well-being, and educational success through strong parent, family, and community involvement.
- Accountability: We acknowledge our obligations. We deliver on our promises.
- Respect: We value our colleagues and ourselves. We expect the same high quality of effort and thought from ourselves as we do from others.
- Inclusivity: We invite the stranger and welcome the newcomer. We value and seek input from as wide a spectrum of viewpoints and experiences as possible.
- Integrity: We act consistently with our beliefs. When we err, we acknowledge the mistake and seek to make amends.
PTA Strategic Initiatives:
- We will increase and retain our membership.
- We will value and be inclusive of our diversity.
- We will identify, develop, and affirm our present and future leadership.
- We will create and sustain long-term financial viability.
- We will implement improved organizational effectiveness.
PTA Council Purpose:
- Unify and strengthen local PTA's comprising the council.
- Provide for the conference and cooperation of the local PTAs/PTSAs in the council membership so as to create a public opinion favorable to the interests of child welfare.
- Encourage child welfare projects in the various units.
- In cooperation with the region, assist in the formation of new PTAs according to the procedures of the New York State PTA.
- Promote the interests of the National PTA and of the New York State PTA within its territory.
PTA Council Provides:
- Information, and
- Instruction for its PTA units and the community in which they serve.
DID YOU KNOW?
PTA is the largest parent involvement organization in the United States, with nearly 6 million members. PTA was created to better the lives of children, and it continues to flourish because we never lose sight of that goal.
If you have not done so, join your local unit today!