- WebMedia (Simpósio Brasileiro de Sistemas Multimídia e Web) - Keynote Speech - December 2nd, 2020 - Online
- Federal University of Uberlandia - Doctoral Colloquium - Research Talk - November 16th, 2020 - Online
- 2020 CRA-WP Early and Mid Career Mentoring Workshop - November 14th, 2020 - Online
- APA Technology, Mind and Society - November 13th, 2020 - Online
- Mental Health and Well-Being Workshop - September 12th, 2020 - Ubicomp - Online
- Privacy Con - Federal Trade Commission - July 21st, 2020 - Online
- Machine Learning Discrimination: Bias in, Bias Out. Online talk - July 8th, 2020 - Online
- ASEE Virtual Panel: Anti-Racism in Engineering Education: From Dialogue to Action - June 16, 2020 - Online
- UW What and How to Teach Accessibility Panel - June 16, 2020 - Online
- NSF iCorps - Atlanta Cohort - April 20th to June 5th - Online
- HCIL Symposium - May 28th - Online
- Microsoft Ability Summit - May 27-28th - Online
- Talk: Smart Home Devices and Privacy - February 16th - GMU Fairfax
- Talk: Wearable Technologies - Engineer Youth Week - February 16th - GMU Fairfax
- Voyant short course - February 11th - GMU Fairfax
- Visiting Scholar at Federal University of Sao Carlos LIFES/UFSCar - January 7 - January 20 - Sao Carlos Brazil
- Visiting Scholar at University of Washington DUB/CSE - October 7 - November 22 - Seattle
- ACM SIGDOC - Special Interest Group on Design for Communication - October 4 - 6 - Portland OR
- Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing - October 1 - 4 - Orlando, FL
- Usable Privacy for Smart Home Devices - Talk - October 1st - University of Central Florida - Orlando FL
- SCAH - Addressing Grand Challenges in Healthcare through Smart Clothing - September 10th - London UK
- 17th IFIP TC.13 International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction - September 2 - 7 - Paphos Cyprus
- Talk on Assistive Smartwatches - August 28 - University of Sao Paulo USP RP - Brazil
- Talk on Smart Home Devices and Privacy - August 24 - Apple PI [Flyer]
- Experience Sampling and Programmed Intervention Method (ESPIM) - External Collaborator - August 15 - 30 - University of Sao Paulo ICMC - Brazil
- Summer School on Inbodied Interaction - August 5-9 - Southampton UK
- HCII - International Conference on Human Computer Interaction - July 26-31 - Orlando FL
- CSST - The Consortium for the Science of Sociotechnical Systems (CSST) : 2019 Summer Research Institute - June 18 to 21 - Rutgers University
- Bentley Symposium on Modern Privacy - June 10th - Boston - USA [Slides]
- EAI Pervasive Health - Trent, Italy - May 19 to 22
- ACM CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems - Glasgow, Scotland - May 4 to 9
- HCIL (Human-Computer Interaction Lab) Annual Symposium, University of Maryland - April 4 - Maryland - USA
- Conceptualizing the Future of Privacy Workshop - iConference - March 31st, UMBC - USA
- Engineer Youth Week - Wearable Technologies - February 17th-18th, GMU - USA
- CASBBI Seminar - Smartwatch Applications as Assistive Technologies: .Assisting Neurodiverse Students in Inclusive Education - February 8th - GMU, USA
- UX DC Meetup - Privacy by Design - January 23rd - McLean, USA
- Caring For The Caregiver Hack - GMU Team Coach - Richmond, Virginia - October 27 - 28 [3rd Prize Winner]
- CCC Early Career Symposium - August 1 and 2 - Washington DC, USA
- Mapping Privacy and Surveillance Dynamics in Emerging Mobile Ecosystems: Practices and Contexts - Workshop at University of Maryland - Maryland, June 25 - 26
- NIH mHealth Showcase - June 4 - Bethesda USA
- HCIL (Human-Computer Interaction Lab) Annual Symposium, University of Maryland - May 24 - Maryland - USA
- ACM CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems - Montreal, Canada - April 21st to 26th
- Eradicating the Opioid Crisis Symposium - GMU - April 19th
- Diversity, Inclusion, Well Being Summit - GMU - April 13th
- Technology, Mind and Society 2018 - APA & SIGCHI Conference - Washington DC - April 5th to 7th
- Creativity and Collaboration: Revisiting Cybernetic Serendipity - Colloquia at National Academy of Sciences - Washington DC - March 11th to 14th
- Guest Lecture Hosted at GRAND Seminar Series - Protean Image Exploration and Learning by Yekaterina Kharitonova - February 26th
- GMU Engineers Week - Demonstration of the applications and poster presentation: WELI and zCare - February 21st
- Wearable Technologies: Human Factors, Healthcare and Privacy - Engineering Youth Conference - February 17th
- CTD - Wearables as Supports for Executive Functioning and Independence - Online talk by Luis Perez - Center on Technology and Disability - February 7th
- Proposal Defense - Prakruthi Karuna - George Mason University - Fairfax VA - USA January 16th
- Wearable Technologies: Applications, Human Factors and Privacy - Guest Lecture - University College Dublin (UCD) - Ireland - January 5th
- Qualification Exam - Harnessing Augmented Reality as a control mechanism for assistive devices - GMU Electrical and Computing Engineering (ECE) PhD- December 7th
- Master Thesis Defense - Acceptance of Social Commerce Framework - Sarah Alotaibi - GMU Information Sciences and Technology (IST) - December 4th
- Caring For The Caregiver Hack - Richmond, Virginia - November 4 - 5 [Video] [Blog post]
- Amulet Project Retreat - Dartmouth College - October 23rd - 24th - Hanover, New Hampshire, USA
- SIGCHI sponsored Summer School on Pervasive Computing Interaction for Binational Challenges - CICESE - Ensenada, Mexico - September 18-22
- Human Computer Interaction International - Vancouver, Canada - July 11th - 14th
- IARPA CREATE Technical Visit - GMU - June 26th and 27th
- Cybertech Fairfax - McLean VA - June 13th
- Launching Academics on the Tenure-Track: An Intentional Community in Engineering - Bainbridge Seattle WA - May 18-21
- Mason's Responsible Conduct of Research Seminar - GMU - April 24th
- 2017 Biotech and Health Sciences Research Symposium - GMU - April 21st
- Comprehensive Exam - Modeling and Manipulating Comprehension Burden of Text Documents using Automated Text Manipulation Algorithms - April 18th
- UXDC Impact - Washington DC - April 14th - 15th
- Financial Services Training - Banner Finance - GMU - April 11th
- Proposal Defense - Bahman Rashidi - Virginia Commonwealth University - Richmond VA - USA April 10th
- Multidisciplinary Research Initiative in Modeling, Simulation, and Data Analytics - Idea Testing Session - April 7th GMU
- 2017 NSF CAREER Proposal Writing Workshop - CMMI - April 2-4 - Portland USA
- NSF Career Workshop CISE - Arlington - March 19th - USA
- Wearable Technologies: Applications, Human Factors and Privacy - Invited talk at Virginia Commonwealth University - March 17th - Richmond USA [Flyer]
- IARPA CREATE Performers Kickoff Meeting - Mclean - February 14-16th - USA
- Math Modeling - Mini Hackathon - Department of Mathematical Sciences at George Mason University - February 10th - USA
- Wearable Technologies: Applications, Human Factors and Privacy - Invited talk at Virginia Tech - February 10th - USA [Flyer]
- Blackboard Basics - Online Course - January 16-20th - USA
- Wearable Health: Applications, Human Factors and Privacy - Guest Lecture at Federal University of Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ) - December 1st - Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
- CRA-W Early and Mid Career Mentoring Workshop - November 19th and 20th - Washington DC, USA
- Fall 2016 National Science Foundation (NSF) Grants Conference - November 14th and 15th - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
- Wearable Technologies: Applications, Human Factors and Privacy - Guest Lecture at George Mason University - October 27th - Fairfax, VA, USA
- Wearable Technologies: Applications, Human Factors and Privacy - Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at George Mason University - October 15th - Fairfax, VA, USA [Newsletter]
- Amulet Project Retreat - Dartmouth College - October 10th - Hanover, New Hampshire, USA
- ACM Special Interest Group for Design of Communication - September 23 - 24th - Silver Spring, USA
- Human Factors and Ergonomics Society - Annual Meeting - September 19 to 23rd - Washington DC
- Orientation Sessions - August 22nd and 23rd - George Mason University - Center for the Arts - Fairfax, VA
- eNTERFACE - July 18th to August 12th - University of Twente - Enschede - The Netherlands
- Data Science Innovation Lab Hub 2016 - June 14th -19th - UCLA, CA - USA [33% acceptance rate]
- Global mHealth Training - Fogarty NIH - June 6-9 - Bethesda, Maryland - USA [17.5% acceptance rate]
- Mental Health First Aid - George Mason University - Fairfax, VA - USA
- HCIL (Human-Computer Interaction Lab) Annual Symposium, University of Maryland - May 26 - Maryland - USA
- Writing Retreat - Fenwick Library - George Mason University - May 23-25 - Fairfax, VA, USA
- Computing Research: Addressing National Priorities and Societal Needs - May 9-10, International Trade Center - Washington DC - USA [Video] [Media coverage]
- Designing and Teaching for All Learners - May 3rd, Research Hall - George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
- Writing Winning Grants: Grant Development as a Faculty Researcher - April 26th, Science and Technology Campus - GMU - Manassas, USA
- Panel: ABI.DC Event: CODE — Debugging the Gender Gap - April 8th, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office - Alexandria, DC, USA
- Avances de la Ingeniería Biomédica y las ciencias de las tecnologías de información en el desarollo de dispositivos "wearables" - March 28-20th, CIET - UCSP - Arequipa, Peru
- Breaking Barriers in Science: Women in International Collaborations CRDFGlobal- March 8th, Top of the Town - Arlington, VA
- Capital Region Celebration of Women in Computing Conference - March 4th-5th, Christopher Newport University, Newport News, VA
- Diversity and Inclusion Fuels Innovation in STEM - The Society of Women Engineers (SWE) - March 2nd-3rd, Capitol Hill Outreach Event, DC, VA
- Lecture Series: The Internet at the Speed of Light - February 24th, Research Hall - George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
- George Mason University Provost's Multidisciplinary Security Symposium - February 12th, Mason Global Center - George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
- Cybersecurity of Health Mobile Apps and Medical Devices - February 3rd, Volgenau School of Engineering - George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
- Context Enabled Computing - January 12th, Software Engineering Institute - Carnegie Mellon University - SEI Webminar Series
- A Conversation with Bill Gates: The Future Generation's Role in Addressing the World's Greatest Challenges - November 2nd, Clemson University, SC, USA
- HFES Annual Meeting - October 26th - 30st, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- UX Day @ HFES Annual Meeting - October 28th, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Workshop: Improving your communication - October 23rd, Clemson University, SC, USA
- Workshop: Controversial Topics and Difficult Dialogues: Effectively Engaging Students in Critical Conversations in the Classroom - October 20th, Clemson University, SC, USA
- MatLab seminar: Data Analysis with MatLab by MathWorks - October 6th, Clemson University, SC, USA
- An Overview of Wearable Applications for Health Care: Requirements and Challenges - September 18th, Seminar of Computing, Invited Talk, Clemson University, SC, USA [PDF]
- 'Representing Data for Human Observers: Nuggets of Wisdom from Research in Vision and Cognition' by Dr. Bernice Rogowitz - July 14, Clemson University, SC, USA
- Georgia Tech Symposium on Design & Wearable Technology - May 8-9, Georgia Tech, Atlanta, USA
- Computing Community Consortium - Privacy Enabling Design Workshop - May 7-8, Georgia Tech, Atlanta, USA. Report: [PDF]
- Wearable Computing: Human Factors & Privacy - May 4 - Invited Talk, George Mason University, USA
- World Usability Day - November 21st, 2014, Clemson University, SC, USA
- UX Day (User Experience Day) - October 29th, 2014, Chicago, USA
- HFES (Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Annual Meeting) - October 27-31, 2014, Chicago, USA
- MobileHCI 2014 (September 23-26, 2014), Toronto, Canada
- UbiComp/ISWC 2014 (ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing), Seattle, USA
- ASGA 2014: Atelier on Smart Garment and Accessories (September 14th, 2014), Seattle, USA
- Ethics Across the Curriculum seminar (Short Course, August 11-13, 2014), Clemson, SC, USA
- ER-CAS 2014 (Escola Regional de Computação aplicada à Saúde) - Invited Talk (May 24th, 2014)
- HFES Clemson (Human Factors and Ergonomic Society Clemson) - Invited Talk, Clemson, SC, USA
- ThatCamp Upstate - April, 18th, 2014, Clemson, SC, USA
- CWIC'2014: Carolinas Women in Computing, Charleston, SC, USA
- WebMedia'2013: 19th Brazilian Symposium on Multimedia and the Web. Salvador, BA, Brazil.
- SIGDOC'2013: Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) Special Interest Group on the Design of Communication (SIGDOC) 2013. Greenville, NC, USA.
- CHI Belgium Barcamp: Adapting GUIs to the context of use. On October 23, 2013 - Ghent, Belgium.
- CASFE’2013 Workshop Context-Aware Adaptation of Service Front-Ends (CASFE’2013). London, England.
- EICS'2013: 5th ACM SIGCHI Symposium on Engineering Interactive Computing Systems, London, England.
- RCIS'2013: 7th IEEE International Conference on Research Challenges in Information Science, May 29-31 2013, Paris, France
- WWW'2013: 22nd International World Wide Web Conference, May 13th - 17th, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- CASFE’2012 Workshop Context-Aware Adaptation of Service Front-Ends (CASFE’2012). Pisa, Italy.
- AVI'2012 Advanced Visual Interfaces. Animated Transitions between User Interface Views. 2012. Capri, Italy.
- NordiCHI. Assessing Lag Perception in Electronic Sketching. 2012. Copenhagen, Denmark.
- CHI Belgium Barcamp. Adapting GUIs according to the context of use. iMinds - Ghent - Belgium.
- 11th International Conference on Web Engineering (ICWE 2011). Multi-Dimensional Context-Aware Adaptation of Web Applications. 2011. Paphos, Cyprus.
- INTERACT 2011 13th IFIP TC13 Conference on Human-Computer Interaction. Lisbon, Portugal
- UIDL’2011 – Software Support for User Interface Description Language – Interact Workshop. Lisbon, Portugal
- ACM SIGCHI Symposium on Engineering Interactive Computing Systems. A Computational Framework for Multi-Dimensional Context-aware Adaptation. 2011. Pisa, Italy.
- CHI Belgium Autumn 2011 - Alan Dix keynote on the Dynamics of Internal Cognition and the Web as External Representation. September 21st, Antwerp, Belgium.
- SecAppDev (Secure Application Development) - Leuven, Belgium
- 8th European Conference on European interactive Television Conference. Collaborative Annotation of Videos: Watching and Commenting (YouTube) Videos. 2010. Tampere, Finland.
- human.interaction.design2010. 2010. Brussels, Belgium.
- 7th European Interactive Television Conference. Collaborative synchronous video annotation via the watch-and-comment paradigm. 2009. Leuven, Belgium.
- ERBASE (Regional School on Computer Science - Bahia/Alagoas/Sergipe) - Ilhéus, BA, Brazil
- Google Developer Day. 2008 (June 27th-28th) - São Paulo - SP, Brazil.
- 11th Symposium of Thesis and Dissertations of the PostGraduation Program in Computer Sciences and Mathematics. 2008. São Carlos, SP, Brazil.
- 3rd Workshop PAE (Enhancement Plan for Education / Programa de Aperfeiçoamento do Ensino). São Carlos, SP, Brazil.
- 13th Brazilian Symposium on Multimedia and the Web (WebMedia 2007). Gramado, RS, Brazil
- 2nd Workshop PAE (Enhancement Plan for Education / Programa de Aperfeiçoamento do Ensino). São Carlos, SP, Brazil.
- International Symposium on Mathematical and Computational Biology, 2007, Búzios, RJ, Brazil
- 10th Conference on Health Informatics (CBIS) - Florianopólis, SC, Brazil.
- SIICUSP - International Symposium of Scientific Initiation. 2006. Ribeirão Preto, SP, Brazil.
- 1st Workshop for RUTE (University Network for Telemedicine / Rede Universitária para Telemedicina). 2006. Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil.
- 3rd Workshop Tidia FAPESP. Educational Games about Leprosy. 2006. São Paulo, SP, Brazil.
- 10th Congress of the International Society for Telemedicine and e-Health. 2005. São Paulo, SP, Brazil
- 2nd Congress of the Brazilian Counsel of Telemedicine and e-Health. 2005. São Paulo, SP, Brazil
- ICOBICOBI - International Conference in BioInformatics and Computational Biology. 2004. Angra dos Reis, RJ, Brazil.
- 4th Career Fair (Feira de Profissões da USP) - FEPUSP, Bauru, SP, Brazil. 2004.
- ICOBICOBI - International Conference in BioInformatics and Computational Biology. 2003. Ribeirão Preto, SP, Brazil.