Valerio Scarani's research group
Research topics at a glance
Our research topics span from foundations to the description of real devices. In the past years, we have worked on Quantum Key Distribution, Bell Nonlocality and device-independent certification (check out the book), and the description of optical experiments, with a recent excursion into quantum thermodynamics.
The current outlook revolves around quantum devices and complex systems, with topics like:
- Theory of hybrid quantum systems
- Complexity and nonlocality of many-body states
- Pushing the Heisenberg cut towards larger systems
Interested in joining?
Applications can be considered any time. All documents to be sent to Valerio (email@example.com).
- Undergraduates of NUS: we regularly offer Honors and UROPS projects, and we have also offered occasionally SPS projects and ISM. The door is open for a chat!
- Undergraduates of other universities: usually we do not offer summer internships nor similar opportunities; if you want to try nevertheless, please send your CV.
- Ph.D. candidates: send CV and reference letters or contact addresses (for details, refer to the CQT PhD programme but don't start by applying there).
- Postdocs: send CV, reference letters or contact addresses, and research interests.