This Week at St. Paul's
Saturday, December 15
- 10:00 a.m., Decorate the Church
- 8:00 pm – The Villages Concert
Sunday, December 9
- 8:00 a.m., Holy Eucharist (Church)
- 10:00 a.m., Holy Eucharist (Church)
Tuesday, December 18
- 7:00 p.m., A.A. Meeting, (downstairs Hall)
Wednesday, December 19
- Outreach Packing
- 12:10 p.m., Prince Street Advent Series (Trinity United)
- 6:00-8:00 p.m., Moms in Mind (Hall)
- 7:00 p.m., Choir
Thursday, December 20
- Outreach Delivery
- 1:30 p.m., Al-Anon Meeting (Hall)
Friday, December 21
- 1:30 p.m., Folders
- 7:00 p.m., A.A. Meeting (downstairs hall)
Sunday, December 23
- 8:00 a.m., Holy Eucharist (Church)
- 10:00 a.m., Holy Eucharist (Church)
St. Paul’s to Mark 250 Years
You Are Invited To
Ring In The New Year
And To Celebrate
The Commencement of our 250th Year
Monday, December 31
Let The Bells Ring
New Year’s Eve, as we welcome 2019, marks the beginning of the 250th Anniversary of the founding of the Parish in 1769.
10:00 pm, Pot Luck Party in the parish hall, for food, fellowship and fun. We ask you to bring your favourite finger foods to share.
11:30 pm, worship in the Church and welcome the New Year with the Ringing of the Bells 250 times at midnight.
All ages are welcome to come and celebrate and help ring the bells.
The Archbishop presented the parish with this citation, and a special plate marking our hosting of the Nation House (and Spouse) of Bishops. Over 35 parishioners helped in various ways to make this a successful meeting. Thank you to you all!
Yemen Emergency Response
PWRDF is contributing $50,000 of its Canadian Foodgrains Bank equity to a food relief project to support vulnerable families in Yemen suffering from extreme hunger.
The project is led by Canadian Foodgrains Bank member ADRA Canada, and supported financially by the Government of Canada and fellow Foodgrains Bank members Development and Peace-Caritas Canada, Evangelical Missionary Church of Canada, Nazarene Compassionate Ministries, World Renew and The United Church of Canada.
Hunger, disease and bombs are devastating the lives of millions of people as the war in Yemen continues into its fourth year. About 8.4 million people in the country are at risk of starvation.
Through the new project, 1,100 vulnerable families will receive vouchers that allow the families to select food for themselves while supporting local food vendors and their families. The vouchers are redeemable for salt, sugar, flour, oil and beans.
Please keep the people of Yemen in your prayers and support PWRDF’s response to this ongoing crisis
Donations can be made in the following ways:
On-line at pwrdf.org/give-today and choose the box marked Yemen Emergency Response
By Phone For credit card donations contact: Jennifer Brown 416-924-9192 ext. 355; 1-866-308-7973 Please do not send your credit card number by email or fax.
By Mail Please make cheques payable to PWRDF, Yemen Emergency Response and send to:
The Primate's World Relief and Development Fund
The Anglican Church of Canada
80 Hayden Street Toronto, Ontario M4Y 3G2
PWRDF Humanitarian Response Coordinator Naba Gurung 416-924-9192 ext. 321 firstname.lastname@example.org
Anglicans in Canada are praying, acting and giving to those affected by the crisis in Yemen. Please watch for updates on PWRDF’s response to these situations at www.pwrdf.org, as well as on Facebook @pwrdfcan and Twitter @pwrdf.
Christmas Services at St. Paul’s
December 24, Christmas Eve
- 5:00 p.m. Holy Eucharist
- 7:30 p.m., Holy Eucharist
December 25th, Christmas Day
- 10:00 a.m. Holy Eucharist
All are welcome!
- Poinsettias are used to decorate the church for Christmas. We are looking for donations of artificial Poinsettias as well.
- In memoriam will be published in the Christmas Eve bulletin.
Donations for a 2018 Tax Receipt
- If you wish to make donations to St. Paul’s Church and receive a tax receipt for 2018, please do so on or before December 31, 2018.
Christmas Eve Communion Music
- Making a list and checking it twice. Young musicians needed to take part in the Christmas Eve communion music. Please speak with Elizabeth Borman after church to have your talent included.
- Sunday, Dec. 9 is our last order day for FundScrip cards before Christmas. If you have taken a tag from the Giving Tree and would like to buy a card through the FundScrip program, please contact Dotty Affleck on Sunday morning or Anne McLeod by email (email@example.com) and if we don’t have the card in stock, we will order it for you. If you would like to order cards for yourself, we can do that, too, or you can order them directly from the website. Just go to www.fundscrip.com and select “Support a Group”, then follow the instructions to sign up, using Invitation Code: FLPP76 for St. Paul’s. (There is also a link from the St. Paul’s website.)
- There are lots of cards on promotion right now, giving an even higher percentage to the church than usual:
Canadian Tire (5%), Esso (3%), Gap/Old Navy/Banana Republic (10%), Sobeys (3%), Dollarama (4%), Stokes/Think Kitchen (8%), Sally Beauty (12%), Home Sense/Winners/Marshalls (8%), The Ultimate Dining Card – Swiss Chalet/Harvey’s/Montanas, etc. (6%), and more!
- If you haven’t ordered cards in a while, you may not be aware of some new retailers that are participating in the FundScrip program, including: Tim Hortons, PEI Liquor Stores and Dollarama. Several retailers also have e-cards available, which can be ordered anytime and used as soon as the payment is processed. Please contact Anne McLeod if you have any questions.
Week of Prayer for Christian Unity
The Charlottetown and Area Christian Council is planning to celebrate the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity with a Prayer Breakfast and a Sunday evening service.
The Prayer Breakfast
- The Rodd Charlottetown Hotel
- Saturday, January 19
- 8:00 am
- Tickets for the breakfast are $18 and are available from the Parish Office
The Concluding Service
- Zion Presbyterian Church
- Sunday, January 27
- 7:00 pm
How do people start attending Church?
- A friend’s invitation 86%
- Organized Visitation 6%
- Invited by pastor 6%
- Advertising 2%
- If you know of anyone who would like to receive Holy Communion this Christmas because they are unable to attend one of our worship services, please be sure that they know to call Archdeacon John Clarke at 902-892-1691 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anyone interested in helping organize the Christmas Hampers this year please contact David McLeod:
Star box adoption forms on table at back of Church
Suggested list of items:
- Hats, Mitts, Gloves, Scarves
- Slippers-knitted (one size fits all)
- Unscented Soap
- Tissues, Hand-Sanitizer, Lip-Balm, Wet—Ones
- Art Supplies: crayons, pencils, etc.
- Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Floss
- Hair-brush, Comb
- Shower-Sponge, Nail-File, Clippers
- Shampoo, Conditioner
- Little Christmas ornament
- Popcorn, Marshmallows
- Small Gift Card (for coffee/milk)
- Adult Puzzle Books/Colouring Books
- Children-Books/Colouring Books
The Prince Street Churches invite you to our Advent Services and Luncheons
December 5, 12, 19 - 12:10 to 12:50 pm
Beginning Wednesday December 2, we welcome visitors and friends to gather together to enjoy our churches, our hospitality, and the music of this wonderful season of preparation and celebration. Lunch will be provided, and downtown workers will have time to make their way back to their workplaces, nourished and inspired.
- Dec 19 – at Trinity, with St. Paul’s Archdeacon John Clarke “Mild he lays his glory by”
All are welcome! Bring a Friend!
- Monday - Friday
- 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
December 24, 25 & 26 Closed
December 27, 28—Open am
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE
Don't Miss Out!
If you’ve moved, or dropped your land-line, or have a new email address, PLEASE let you Church know! Call or email the parish office and update your contact information.
for the Upper Room Foodbank
Just place the items in the box at worship on Sunday mornings.
FundScrip - On Sale at the back of the Church! A percentage of all cards sold is donated back to St. Paul’s church. If you are buying gas or groceries or going to a drugstore, hardware store, bookstore, the movies, a restaurant, retail chains.
- WE HAVE A CARD FOR YOU!