Post date: Jul 1, 2014 11:40:52 PM
Home-made Strawberry Ice-cream
1 carton of double cream
1 tin of evaporated milk
1/2 cup of sugar or honey ( honey will alter the flavour slightly but is more natural )
Strawberries I used a small cartons worth I would say.
1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
The How to Bit
- Chop up your strawberries.
- Whip up your double cream until it is in soft peaks then slowly add your evaporated milk and vanilla essence
- Add your sugar and 3/4 of your strawberries and whip until it turns light pink - if you want it pinker you could add food colouring but I was trying to keep it natural as possible.
- Finally stir in the remaining 1/4 of your strawberries and mix through so you have strawberry chucks through your ice-cream.
- Place in a freezer container and put in the freezer.
- After a couple of hours remove and mix again if you are worried about ice-crystals but this made a very smooth, creamy Ice-cream for me.
Easy Peasy Lemon Squeasy as my Dad is fond of saying :)