The 24th International EURACT Bled Course
Post date: May 17, 2015 8:22:01 AM
Teaching and learning about managing multimorbidity in an aging population
Jaime Correia de Sousa (Portugal)
Yonah Yaphe (Portugal)
Jo Buchanan (UK)
Henry Finnegan (Ireland)
Janko Kersnik (Slovenia)
Marija Petek Šter (Slovenia)
Mateja Bulc (Slovenia)
Aims of the course
At the end of the course the participants will:
· Be able to define multimorbidity and polypharmacy.
· Be able to describe the challenges presented by these issues in the elderly.
· Be able to communicate effectively with patients with multiple conditions.
· Be able to implement structured care for chronic disease management.
· Value a cost effective approach to multimorbidity in the elderly.
· Be able to promote healthy aging, shared decision making and self-management.