Gift Aid Scheme


Then please join the Gift Aid Scheme!

If you have an income on which you pay U.K. Income tax, you can boost the donations you are currently making to your parish by 25% without giving any extra!

 What is Gift Aid?

It is a scheme designed to encourage donors - who must be taxpayers - to sign a declaration form so that all their donations to the charity (R.C. Diocese of Southwark) can be treated as gift aid donations. The donations can be of any amount, and there is no lower or upper limit and they do not have to be of a fixed amount or frequency. By signing the forms, donors can ensure that the parish gets a substantial refund from the Inland Revenue without  having to increase their level of giving.

 In order for OLQP to benefit from your donations:

- You must be a U.K. income tax payer

- You must complete a Gift Aid Declaration, which you can do by following the link:  or for a paper form, please scroll to the bottom of this page and download the form.

- Your contributions must be easily identified as coming from you (once you sign up for the Gift Aid Scheme, you will receive a box of envelopes - this helps identify the donation coming from you. All you have to do is place your donations inside the envelope!)

 For every pound you give, your parish will get back an additional 25 pence from the Inland Revenue. This comes from the taxes you have already paid HMRC! So it is not an additional donation from you and it will not cost you extra.

 If you wish to join the scheme, please talk to Monsignor Bill or the parish organiser, Nadia.

You can also join online by going to the following link: : 



- Can a parishioner Gift Aid a weekly contribution through a church collection with an instruction to give some of the money to another charity and an instruction for the Gift Aid on the total sum to be claimed and retained by the parish?

The answer is NO. The reason is that a gift to a charity with conditions does not qualify for Gift Aid. When the church acts as a conduit to another charity it is legally obliged to pass the tax associated with Gift Aid payment to the charity. 

Church Collections Guidance HMRC (Click here for full guidance) 

- How much tax must I pay to be able to take part in Gift Aid?

    You can join the gift aid scheme providing you are a UK taxpayer and pay an amount of income tax at leats equal to the amount of any refund claimed by the parish on your donations.

 - Do I have to make a Binding Commitment?

    No. Gift Aid is not a binding commitment and the parish will only claim back a tax refund on the actual amount you have given. You will not be asked to make up any missed payments, unless you choose to do so.

 - What happens if I change my address?

    Just inform the parish organiser, Nadia. Yo do not have to complete a new form.

 - What if I stop paying Income Tax or wish to cancel?

    Inform the parish organiser, Nadia, and we will cancel your declaration.

 - Can I change the amount I give?

    Yes. You can increase or decrease the amount you give at any time without  having to complete a new declaration.

 - Is Gift Aid confidential?

    Yes. You do not have to disclose details of your income, savings, pensions or any other personal details.

 - What if I move to another parish?

    If you have already signed a gift aid declaration, all you have to do is advise your new parish organiser of this fact and continue to use a method of payment that is easily recordable by the new parish.

 - Can I make donations via standing order?

    Yes. It is very  much encouraged to set up a standing order, after having signed a declaration form, and the parish will help you sort out the details to go about setting this standing order with your bank. Below are the details if you wish to set up a standing order for the parish:

Name –            Our Lady Queen of Peace Church

Account –        20246757

Sort Code –     60-07-20

Bank –             Natwest Plc

Reference –         your surname GIFTAID 

If you are an Income Tax Payer to HMRC and wish to sign up for the Gift Aid Scheme, please print and fill in the form below - you should then drop or post the original to the presbytery.

GAD - Template - Apr 2018.pdf