Q1. What needs to be a good researcher?
- A1: self-motivation, strong commitment (working hard) and curiosity
Q2. What if I do not have any virtues listed in A1?
- A2: Probably that you are good at other things so my advice is to try other things :)
Q3. My GPA is not "high" enough, can I join your research group?
- A3: Yes. If you have the virtues listed in A1.
Q4. What if I sent several emails to you, but no response is from you?
- A4: Try harder, shoot me more emails, even give me a call or catch me whenever seeing me.
Q5. Are there other ways to learn more about the group and yourself?
- A5: Yes. Please talk to my group members, my TAs and even other faculty members/staff.