Kunal Narayan Chaudhury
Room C-322, Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Science
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +91-80-2293-2372
Kunal Chaudhury is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering at the Indian Institute of Science, where he heads the Lab for Imaging Sciences and Algorithms. His primary research interest is in image processing and computer vision, with a focus on numerical optimization and fast approximations. He has worked in areas ranging from wavelet algorithms to nonlinear filtering, and from regularization methods in imaging to semidefinite programming methods for multiview reconstruction. He is a Senior Member of IEEE, a member of SIAM and IEEE Signal Processing Society, and a Senior Editor of the SPIE Journal of Electronic Imaging.
Education & Experience
- Postdoc., Applied and Computational Mathematics, Princeton University.
- PhD, Computer, Communication, and Information Sciences, EPFL.
- Research Engineer, Siemens Corporate Technology.
- ME, System Science and Automation, Indian Institute of Science.
- BE, Electrical Engineering, Jadavpur University.
- Fast and Scalable Algorithms for Image and Video Processing.
- Algorithms for Image Reconstruction.
- Convex Optimization: Models and Fast Solvers.
- Sensor Network Localization from Range Measurements.
- Protein Conformation using Geometric Methods.
- Multiview Registration of 3D Range Scans.
- Fast high-dimensional kernel filtering (IEEE SPL 2019).
- Fast adaptive bilateral filtering (IEEE TIP 2019).
- Linearized ADMM and fast nonlocal denoising for efficient plug-and-play restoration (IEEE GlobalSIP 2018).
- On a registration-based approach to sensor network localization (IEEE TSP 2017).
- Fast and provably accurate bilateral filtering (IEEE TIP 2016).
- Computational Linear Algebra.
- Convex Optimization and Applications.