Juankoski Senior High School
· 65 km north-east of Kuopio
· a modern and cosy school building (2003)
· 80 students
Since we follow the general high school programme, we can be considered an ordinary high school.
However, we have some
A wide range of languages:
· Estonian (basics)
· a possibility to take net courses in other languages (e.g. Italian or Japanese)
International projects and contacts:
· A two-year Erasmus + project "Hooked on Books" (started in 2014) together with a Hungarian and Romanian school.
· A partner school in Hameln, Germany.
· Fire performances (combining visual arts, music, dance and speech communication)
· Music theatre productions since 2003
· Several courses in entrepreneurship
· The students have their own cooperative called "Pisnes". It gives them a chance to become familiar with the principles of entrepreneurship in practice and also earn some money.
High school diplomas in:
· visual arts
· physical education
The small size is an advantage:
· Every student is seen and treated as an individual.
· The teachers have time and resources to give personal guidance and remedial instruction to students.
· Everyone can get personal student counselling and vocational guidance as much as necessary.
· A social worker's services are available at school.
The studies in Juankoski Senior High give you a good basis to pass the matriculation exam well and continue your further studies successfully.