Black River High School, (1994-1999) Division II-III
Wright State University, (1999-2002) Division I NCAA
While now I only am a recreational runner, I'm very proud of my past accomplishments in competitive running. It was very important in shaping who I am today. Most of all, it taught me discipline, dedication, and leadership which have stayed with me now several years since my last competitive race. I am always interested in new running partners and hope to step into coaching at some point. Here are my favorite highlights from my racing career in both cross-country and track:
High School Cross-Country (Coached by Cynthia Berry)
- Elected Team captain all 4 years
- 3 fastest 5K's in Black River history (as of 1999): 16:29*, 16:32, 16:35
- All-State Senior Year (22nd at state meet).
- State-Qualifier, 1996 & 1998
- Conference Champ/MVP 1998, Runner-up 1996, 1997
- Regional Champ, 1996
- 4 years all-conference and all-county
- Won 19 races in high school career, including 8 my senior year.
- Inducted to Athletic Hall of Fame in 2000 (my brother was later inducted in 2005). Embarrassing pics below.
High School Track
- Best Times: 9:53 for 3200m, 4:32 for 1600m, 2:01 for 800m, 0:55 for 400m
- State Qualifier, 3200m (1997), placed 15th.
- Runner-up MVP 1999 Conference Championship (1st place 2mile, 2nd place mile, 3rd place 800, 4th place 2 mile relay).
- Led team in points 1997-1999.
College Cross-Country (Coached by Bob Schul)
- Best Times: 14:56 for 5K**, 25:29 for 5mile (8K), 32:46 for 10K
- Team MVP: 2000-2002.
- Raider Award: 1999
- Ohio University Invitational Champion (2001)
- Dayton Flyer's Invitational Champion (2000, 2001), Meet Record Holder (2001)
- All-Ohio, 2000 & 2001
- 2nd Team All-Horizon League, (1999-2001)
* My school record stood until the Fall of 2012.
** I actually ran a 14:56 through the 5K of an 8K race during my senior year, as we rarely ran open 5Ks in college. For an open 5K, my fastest time was a 15:12 that I ran during my sophomore year.
My hall of fame plaque at Black River High School
Mural in Wright State University's Athletic Department