Selected Recent Publications August 2019-present [at Florida International University]:
 Ahmed Imteaj, Urmish Thakker, Shiqiang Wang, Jian Li, and M. Hadi Amini, “A Survey on Federated Learning for Resource-Constrained IoT Devices ”, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 2021. (Download Link) (ResearchGate) (IEEE Link)
 Ahmed Imteaj, and M. Hadi Amini, “FedAR: Activity and Resource-Aware Federated Learning Model for Distributed Mobile Robots”, 19th IEEE International Conference Machine Learning And Applications, 2020, Miami, USA. (Accepted for Publication and Virtual Presentation)
 Ahmed Imteaj, and M. Hadi Amini. "FedPARL: Client Activity and Resource-Oriented Lightweight Federated Learning Model for Resource-Constrained Heterogeneous IoT Environment." Frontiers in Communications and Networks 2 (2021): 10.
 M. Hadi Amini, Ahmed Imteaj, and Javad Mohammadi. "Distributed Machine Learning for Resilient Operation of Electric Systems." IEEE International Conference on Smart Energy Systems and Technologies (SEST) (2020). [Link]
 Ahmed Imteaj and M. Hadi Amini, “Distributed Sensing Using Smart End-user Devices: Pathway to Federated Learning for Autonomous IoT”, 2019 International Conference on Computational Science and Computational Intelligence, 2019, Las Vegas, USA.
 M. Hadi Amini, Javad Mohammadi, and Soummya Kar. "Distributed Intelligent Algorithm for Interdependent Electrified Transportation and Power Networks." In Proceedings of the 9th ACM Symposium on Design and Analysis of Intelligent Vehicular Networks and Applications, pp. 73-79. ACM, 2019.
 Farid Ghareh Mohammadi, M. Hadi Amini, and Hamid R. Arabnia, “On Parameter Tuning in Meta-learning for Computer Vision”, 2019 International Conference on Computational Science and Computational Intelligence, 2019, Las Vegas, USA.
 Mohammed Alkaf, Javad Khazaei, M. Hadi Amini, and Darius Khezrimotlagh, “Optimal Attack Strategy for Multi-Transmission Line Congestion in Cyber-Physical Smart Grids”, International Workshop on Big Data Analytics of Cyber-Physical Systems, Tenth IEEE International Green and Sustainable Computing Conference, 2019, Alexandria, VA, USA.
 Farid Ghareh Mohammadi and M. Hadi Amini, “Promises of Meta-Learning for Device-Free Human Sensing: Learn to Sense,” Proceedings of the 1st ACM International Workshop on Device-Free Human Sensing, 6th ACM International Conference on Systems for Energy-Efficient Buildings, Cities, and Transportation (BuildSys 2019), pp. 44-47, 2019, New York, NY, USA. [Link]
 M. Hadi Amini. "A Multi-layer Physic-based Model for Electric Vehicle Energy Demand Estimation in Interdependent Transportation Networks and Power Systems." In Optimization in Large Scale Problems, pp. 243-253. Springer, 2019.
 Ahmed Imteaj, M. Hadi Amini, and Javad Mohammadi. "Leveraging Decentralized Artificial Intelligence to Enhance Resilience of Energy Networks." IEEE PES General Meeting (2020).
 M. Hadi Amini, Ahmed Imteaj, and Panos Pardalos, ''Interdependent Networks: A Data Science Perspective'', Patterns Journal (2020), https://doi.org/10.1016/j.patter.2020.100003 [Link] [Science Direct Link]
 Ananth Narayan Samudrala, M. Hadi Amini, Soummya Kar, and Rick S. Blum, “Distributed Outage Detection in Power Distribution Networks”, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, (2020). [Impact Factor: 10.486] [Link]
 Mohammadi, Farid Ghareh, Farzan Shenavarmasouleh, M. Hadi Amini, and Hamid R. Arabnia. "Malware detection using artificial bee colony algorithm." In Adjunct Proceedings of the 2020 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing and Proceedings of the 2020 ACM International Symposium on Wearable Computers, pp. 568-572. 2020. [Link]
 Ananth Narayan Samudrala, M. Hadi Amini, Soummya Kar, and Rick S. Blum, “Sensor Placement for Outage Identifiability in Power Distribution Networks”, IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, vol. 11, no. 3 (2020): 1996-2013. [Impact Factor: 10.486] [Link]
 M. H. Amini, Javad Mohammadi, and Soummya Kar, “Distributed Holistic Framework for Smart City Infrastructures: Tale of Interdependent Electrified Transportation Network and Power Grid.” IEEE Access, vol. 7, pp. 157535 - 157554, 2019. [Impact Factor: 4.098] [Link]
IEEE copyright. The papers posted on this homepage are to ensure timely dissemination of scholarly and technical work. Copyright and all rights therin are retained by authors or by other copyright holders. All persons copying this information are expected to adhere to the terms and constraints invoked by each author's copyright. In most cases, these works may not be reposted without the explicit permission of the copyright holder. Personal use of this material is permitted. However, permission to reprint/republish this material for advertising or promotional purposes or for creating new collective works for resale or redistribution to servers or lists, or to reuse any copyrighted component of the works published in IEEE publications in other works must be obtained from the IEEE. If you have any questions about this please contact the authors.
ACM copyright. The documents distributed by this server have been provided by the contributing authors as a means to ensure timely dissemination of scholarly and technical work on a noncommercial basis. Copyright and all rights therein are maintained by the authors or by other copyright holders, notwithstanding that they have offered their works here electronically. It is understood that all persons copying this information will adhere to the terms and constraints invoked by each author's copyright. These works may not be reposted without the explicit permission of the copyright holder.
Selected Publications [During/Prior to PhD at Carnegie Mellon University] :
1. M. Hadi Amini, Javad Mohammadi, and Soummya Kar. "Fully Distributed Cooperative Charging for Plug-in Electric Vehicles in Constrained Power Networks." arXiv preprint arXiv:1806.11190 (2018).
2. M. Hadi Amini, Mohsen Parsa Moghaddam, and Orkun Karabasoglu. "Simultaneous allocation of electric vehicles’ parking lots and distributed renewable resources in smart power distribution networks." Sustainable Cities and Society 28 (2017): 332-342.
3. M. Hadi Amini, O. Karabasoglu, “Optimal Operation of Interdependent Power Systems and Electrified Transportation Networks”, Energies Journal 2018, 11, 196.
4. M. Hadi Amini, Behrouz Nabi, and Mahmoud-Reza Haghifam. "Load management using multi-agent systems in smart distribution network." Power and Energy Society General Meeting (PES), 2013.
5. M. Hadi Amini, Paul McNamara, Paul Weng, Orkun Karabasoglu, and Yinliang Xu. "Hierarchical Electric Vehicle Charging Aggregator Strategy Using Dantzig-Wolfe Decomposition." IEEE Design & Test Magazine (2017).
6. M. Hadi Amini, Rupamathi Jaddivada, Sakshi Mishra, and Orkun Karabasoglu. "Distributed security constrained economic dispatch." In IEEE Innovative Smart Grid Technologies-Asia (ISGT ASIA), pp. 1-6. IEEE, 2015.
7. M. Hadi Amini, "A panorama of interdependent power systems and electrified transportation networks." In Sustainable Interdependent Networks II, pp. 23-41. Springer, Cham, 2019.
8. Moutis, Panayiotis, M. Hadi Amini, Irfan Ahmad Khan, Guannan He, Javad Mohammadi, Soummya Kar, and Jay Whitacre. "A Survey of Recent Developments and Requirements for Modern Power System Control." In Pathways to a Smarter Power System, pp. 289-315. Academic Press, 2019.
9. M. Hadi Amini, Boroojeni, Kianoosh. G., Iyengar, S. S., Blaabjerg, F., Pardalos, P. M., & Madni, A. M. “A Panorama of Future Interdependent Networks: From Intelligent Infrastructures to Smart Cities.” In Sustainable Interdependent Networks, pp. 1-10. Springer, Cham, 2018.
10. M. Hadi Amini, and Arif I. Sarwat. "Optimal reliability-based placement of plug-in electric vehicles in smart distribution network." International Journal of Energy Science4.2 (2014).
11. M. Hadi Amini, and Arif Islam. "Allocation of electric vehicles' parking lots in distribution network." In Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Conference (ISGT), 2014 IEEE PES, pp. 1-5. IEEE, 2014.
12. Sarwat, Arif I., M. Hadi Amini, Alexander Domijan, Aleksandar Damnjanovic, and Faisal Kaleem. "Weather-based interruption prediction in the smart grid utilizing chronological data." Journal of Modern Power Systems and Clean Energy 4, no. 2 (2016): 308-315.
13. Bahrami, Shahab, and M. Hadi Amini. "A Decentralized Trading Algorithm for an Electricity Market with Generation Uncertainty." Applied Energy 218 (2018): 520-532.
14. M. Hadi Amini, Kianoosh G. Boroojeni, Cheng Jian Wang, Arash Nejadpak, S. S. Iyengar, and Orkun Karabasoglu. "Effect of electric vehicle parking lots' charging demand as dispatchable loads on power systems loss." In Electro Information Technology (EIT), 2016 IEEE International Conference on, pp. 0499-0503. IEEE, 2016.
15. M. Hadi Amini, O. Karabasoglu, Marija D. Ilić, Kianoosh G. Boroojeni, and S. S. Iyengar. "ARIMA-based demand forecasting method considering probabilistic model of electric vehicles' parking lots." In Power & Energy Society General Meeting, 2015 IEEE, pp. 1-5. IEEE, 2015.
16. Boroojeni, Kianoosh G., M. Hadi Amini, Shahab Bahrami, S. S. Iyengar, Arif I. Sarwat, and Orkun Karabasoglu. "A novel multi-time-scale modeling for electric power demand forecasting: from short-term to medium-term horizon." Electric Power Systems Research 142 (2017): 58-73.
17. M. Hadi Amini, and M. Parsa Moghaddam. "Probabilistic modelling of electric vehicles' parking lots charging demand." In Electrical Engineering (ICEE), 2013 21st Iranian Conference on, pp. 1-4. IEEE, 2013.
18. M. Hadi Amini, Mostafa Rahmani, Kianoosh G. Boroojeni, George Atia, S. Sitharama Iyengar, and Orkun Karabasoglu. "Sparsity-based error detection in DC power flow state estimation." In Electro Information Technology (EIT), 2016 IEEE International Conference on, pp. 0263-0268. IEEE, 2016.
19. Boroojeni, Kianoosh G., M. Hadi Amini, S. S. Iyengar, Mohsen Rahmani, and Panos M. Pardalos. "An economic dispatch algorithm for congestion management of smart power networks." Energy Systems 8.3 (2017): 643-667.
20. M. Hadi Amini, Arif I. Sarwat, S. S. Iyengar, and Ismail Guvenc. "Determination of the minimum-variance unbiased estimator for DC power-flow estimation." In Industrial Electronics Society, IECON 2014-40th Annual Conference of the IEEE, pp. 114-118. IEEE, 2014.
21. Boroojeni, Kianoosh G., M. Hadi Amini, and S. S. Iyengar. "Overview of the Security and Privacy Issues in Smart Grids." In Smart Grids: Security and Privacy Issues, pp. 1-16. Springer International Publishing, 2017.
22. Boroojeni, Kianoosh G., M. Hadi Amini, and S. S. Iyengar. "An Oblivious Routing-Based Power Flow Calculation Method for Loss Minimization of Smart Power Networks: A Theoretical Perspective." Machine Learning and Applications (ICMLA), 2016 15th IEEE International Conference on. IEEE, 2016.
23. Sarwat, Arif I., Alexander Domijan, M. Hadi Amini, Aleksandar Damnjanovic, and Amirhasan Moghadasi. "Smart Grid reliability assessment utilizing Boolean Driven Markov Process and variable weather conditions." In North American Power Symposium (NAPS), 2015, pp. 1-6. IEEE, 2015.
24. Boroojeni, Kianoosh G., Shekoufeh Mokhtari, M. Hadi Amini, and S. S. Iyengar. "Optimal two-tier forecasting power generation model in smart grids." International Journal of Information Processing 8 (2014): 79-88.
25. M. Hadi Amini, Amin Kargarian, and Orkun Karabasoglu. "ARIMA-based decoupled time series forecasting of electric vehicle charging demand for stochastic power system operation." Electric Power Systems Research 140 (2016): 378-390.
26. Ananth Narayan Samudrala, M. Hadi Amini, Soummya Kar, and Rick S. Blum, "Optimal Sensor Placement for Topology Identification in Smart Power Grids", 53rd Annual Conference on Information Sciences and Systems (CISS), IEEE, 2019 (invited paper).
27. M. Hadi Amini, Justin Frye, Marija D. Ilić, and O. Karabasoglu. "Smart residential energy scheduling utilizing two stage mixed integer linear programming." In North American Power Symposium (NAPS), 2015, pp. 1-6. IEEE, 2015.
28. Zhang, Jianyi, M. Hadi Amini, and Paul Weng. "A Hierarchical Approach Based on the Frank–Wolfe Algorithm and Dantzig–Wolfe Decomposition for Solving Large Economic Dispatch Problems in Smart Grids." In Smart Microgrids, pp. 41-56. Springer, Cham, 2019.
29. M. Hadi Amini, Mahdi Jamei, Christopher R. Lashway, Arif I. Sarwat, Kang K. Yen, Alexander Domijan, and Faisal Kaleem. "Plug-in electric vehicle owner behavior study using fuzzy systems." International Journal of Power and Energy Systems 35. 2 (2015).
1. M. Hadi Amini (Editor), ''Optimization, Learning, and Control for Interdependent Complex Networks'', Springer, 2020.
2. P. Sniatala, Pawel, M. Hadi Amini, and K. G. Boroojeni. ''Fundamentals of Brooks–Iyengar Distributed Sensing Algorithm: Trends, Advances, and Future Prospects''. Springer Nature, 2020.
3. M. Hadi Amini, K. G. Boroojeni, S.S. Iyengar, P. M. Pardalos, F. Blaabjerg, and A. M. Madni (Editors) “Sustainable Interdependent Networks II”, Springer, 2019.
4. M. Hadi Amini, K. G. Boroojeni, S.S. Iyengar, P. M. Pardalos, F. Blaabjerg, and A. M. Madni (Editors) “Sustainable Interdependent Networks”, Springer, 2018.
5. Boroojeni, Kianoosh G., M. Hadi Amini, and Sundararaja S. Iyengar. Smart Grids: Security and Privacy Issues. Springer International Publishing, 2017.