M. Hadi Amini is an Assistant Professor at School of Computing and Information Sciences at Florida International University. He is the director of Sustainability, Optimization, and Learning for InterDependent networks laboratory (www.solidlab.network). He received his Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Carnegie Mellon University in 2019, where he received his M.Sc. degree in 2015. He also holds a doctoral degree in Computer Science and Technology. Prior to that, he received M.Sc. degree from Tarbiat Modares University in 2013, and the B.Sc. degree from Sharif University of Technology in 2011. His research interests include distributed optimization and learning algorithms, distributed computing and intelligence, sensor networks, interdependent networks, and cyber-physical-social resilience. Application domains include smart cities, energy systems, transportation electrification, and healthcare.
Hadi is a life member of IEEE-Eta Kappa Nu (IEEE-HKN), the honor society of IEEE. He served as President of Carnegie Mellon University Energy Science and Innovation Club; as technical program committee of several IEEE and ACM conferences; and as the lead editor for a book series on ‘‘Sustainable Interdependent Networks’’ since 2017. He also serves as Associate Editor of SN Operations Research Forum and International Transactions on Electrical Energy Systems. He has published more than 90 refereed journal and conference papers, and book chapters. He edited/authored six books. He is the recipient of the best paper award from “2019 IEEE Conference on Computational Science & Computational Intelligence”, best reviewer award from four IEEE Transactions, the best journal paper award in “Journal of Modern Power Systems and Clean Energy”, and the dean’s honorary award from the President of Sharif University of Technology. (Homepage: www.hadiamini.com)
List of Awards:
- Best Paper Award of "Annual Conf. on Computational Science & Computational Intelligence" (CSCI'19), 2019!
- Best Reviewer Award of "IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid", 2019
- Best Paper Award of ''Journal of Modern Power Systems and Clean Energy'', 2016
- Best Reviewer Award of "IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid", 2017
- Outstanding Reviewer Award of "IEEE Transactions on Power Systems", 2018
- GSA/Provost Conference Funding Award, Office of the Assistant Vice Provost for Graduate Education, Carnegie Mellon University, 2014
- NSF Travel Award, National Science Foundation SPOKE Workshop on Smart Grid Edge Analytics Georgia Institute of Technology, 2019
- Outstanding Reviewer Award of "IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy", 2017
- Best Reviewer Award of ''Applied Energy Journal'', 2016
- Ranked 26th among 273,911 participants in the Nationwide University Entrance Exam for B.Sc. degree (top 0.009%), 2007
- Dean’s Honorary Award by ex-President of Sharif University of Technology, Prof. S. Sohrabpour, 2007