To get started as a Researcher or Co-ordinator, download/print copies of the documents attached below:
- The attached document 'Toponymy Research Guidelines' will help you go about the task.
- The attached blank table 'GPN Data Entry Sheet' can be used to submit data about places which are not in the database.
- The attached document 'Project Definition' can be used to show other people what the project is about.
- The attached spreadsheet 'GNS country file GH (reduced)' gives an extended list of over 20,000 places in Ghana downloaded from the NGA GEOnet Names Server.
In addition you will need:
- A copy of the map of the area surrounding your present location or hometown. This can be found on the subpage Map Squares. If your town is near the boundary of a square, you may also want to take a copy of the neighbouring area.
- A list of places in your chosen area(s). Go to the subpage Place Lists to obtain this.
If you have any difficulty in downloading or printing these documents, Contact Us, asking for either emailed documents or printed copies by airmail.