This page is currently under construction.
Artifacts known to have been excavated from the site of Fort Massachusetts:
- Headstone of Elisha Nims (and four other small headstones with no inscriptions.)
- Musket balls
- Indian arrow-heads
- Metal tomahawk
- Muzzle of a small cannon
- Several bombshells (?)
- Pieces of pots and kettles, broken bottles, a silver spoon with a very large and nearly round bowl, strongly-made but badly rusted jackknives and cartloads of brickbats are among these curious and suggestive mementos found and distributed by Captain Clement Harrison, who purchased the land in 1830.
- two rusty cannon balls
- a handful of flint arrowheads
- a rusty wrought-iron door latch
- a pewter fork and spoon, two old knives
- a coin dated 1725
- several uniform buttons
- "Origins in Williamstown," by Arthur Latham Perry -- Published 1894