Books and Articles:
- "The Redeemed Captive : Being a Narrative of the Taking and Carrying Into Captivity," by the Reverend Mr. John Norton -- Published 1870 (Originally published in 1748)
- "A History of the County of Berkshire, Massachusetts," by David D. Field -- Published 1829
- "History of Berkshire County, Massachusetts Volume I," by Joseph Edward Adams Smith; Thomas Cushing -- Published 1885
- "History of Berkshire County, Massachusetts Volume II," by Joseph Edward Adams Smith; Thomas Cushing -- Published 1885
- "History of North Adams, Mass., 1749-1885," by W. F. Spear -- Published 1885
- "The Site of Old Fort Massachusetts," by Dr. D. D. Slade -- Magazine of American History, October 1888
- "Origins in Williamstown," by Arthur Latham Perry -- Published 1894
- "Williamstown and Williams College," by Arthur Latham Perry -- Published 1899
- "A Half Century of Conflict. France and England in North America. Part sixth," by Francis Parkman -- Published by Little, Brown 1897
- "The Hoosac Valley : Its Legends and Its History," by Grace Greylock Niles -- Published 1912
- "Antiquarian Researches: Comprising a History of the Indian Wars in the Country Bordering Connecticut River and Parts Adjacent," by Epaphras Hoyt -- Published 1824
- "A Narrative of the Captivity of Nehemiah How in 1745-1747," by Nehemiah How -- Published 1904 (Originally published in 1748)
- "The Journal of Captain William Pote, Jr., During His Captivity in the French and Indian War, From May, 1745, to August, 1747," by William Pote, Jr. -- Published 1896
- "History of Western Massachusetts. The Counties of Hampden, Hampshire, Franklin, and Berkshire," by J. G. Holland -- Published 1855
- "A Particular History of the Five Years French and Indian War," Samuel Gardner Drake -- Published 1870
- "Images of America: North Adams," by Robert Campanile -- Arcadia Publishing, 2001
- "The Line of Forts: Historical Archaeology on the Colonial Frontier of Massachusetts," by Michael Coe -- University Press of New England, 2006
- "Roots of Conflict: British Armed Forces and Colonial Americans, 1677-1763," Douglas Edward Leach -- Univ of North Carolina Press, 1986
- "A Companion to American Military History: 2 Volume Set," James C. Bradford -- John Wiley & Sons, 2009
- "Indian Wars of New England Volume III," by Herbert Milton Sylvester -- Published 1910
- "The Forgotten Ledge of Fort Massachusetts," by Wendy Champney -- Published 2016
- American Centuries: Views from New England This website is unique in many design features that facilitate successful use by educators and students. It includes a large library of primary resources, curricula, and interactive student activities; most of them presented in age-appropriate, user-friendly formats.
- North American Forts A Catalogue and Gazetteer of Forts and Fortresses, Trading Posts, Camps, Stockades, Blockhouses, Garrisons, Arsenals, and Seacoast Batteries in the United States and Canada and Associated Territories
- Fort Wiki All about historic U.S. and Canadian forts, camps and stations
- Seven Years' War The Seven Years' War Project
- Williamstown Historical Museum Presents: 1746 Attack on Fort Massachusetts, with Dusty Griffin Produced: 11/26/14 by Rita Watson / Williamstown Historical Museum
- Monument Square of North Adams, Massachusetts Website about the history of the Soldiers' Monument at Monument Square.
- New England's Natural Bridge Website about the history and natural beauty of the Natural Bridge State Park in North Adams, Massachusetts.
- The Nims Family Association An association of individuals and families descended from Godfrey Nims of Deerfield, Massachusetts. Family of Elisha Nims.
- The Fort at No.4 A living history museum that has been recreated in Charlestown, New Hampshire to depict its appearance during King George's War.
- Heath Historical Society -- For Fort Shirley history.
- Rowe Historical Society -- For Fort Pelham history.