This took place on 17-18th September 2011, in Sheffield, at the HRI, Gell Street.
A full programme is available here
and the abstracts can be viewed here.
The workshop was a two-day event with a concentration upon
(i) providing a platform for UK-based experimental philosophers, (ii) providing instruction in experimental methods and (iii) providing a forum for constructive discussion and collaboration to help and encourage new experimental work.
- Josh Knobe (Yale University)
In Search of the True Self
The Evaluative Nature of the Folk Concepts of Weakness and
Strength of Will
Research Training Session
- Kelly Schmidtke (Nottingham)
- Florian Cova (presenting) (Geneva) & Maxime Louis Bertoux (ICM Epinière, CRICM-UPMC/INSERM, Groupe Hospitalier Pitié-Salpêtrière)
Judgments about moral responsibility and determinism in patients with behavioural variant of frontotemporal dementia: Still compatibilist
- Ivar Hannikainen (presenting) (Sheffield) & Fiery Cushman (Harvard)*
Agent and Patient Simulation in Moral Judgement
- Margaret Moore (presenting), Matthew Kieran & Aaron Meskin (Leeds)
'Bad Taste' in Empirical Aesthetics: Mere Exposure, Value and Expertise
- Pendaran Roberts (presenting) & Kelly Schmidtke (Nottingham)
Color disagreement and the
metaphysics of color: An empirical response to a recent argument
Discussion Topics and Other
- Peter Caven (Sheffield) introducing: Moral Dilemmas and Tragic Remorse
- Guy Fletcher (Oxford) introducing: When do we Disagree?
- Jon Webber (Cardiff) X-Phi Turbo on developing an experimental philosophy database
Workshop Organisers: Robin Scaife (Sheffield), Bryony Pierce (Bristol), and James Andow (Nottingham)