- Bernard, T., G.T. Abate and S. Lemma (2013). "Agricultural cooperatives in Ethiopia: Results of the 2012 ATA Baseline Survey". REAP, ATA .
- Ampaire, E. and C. Machethe (2012). "Factors Influencing Effectiveness in Second-Tier MArketing RPOs in Uganda". Policy Note n. 14, Uganda Strategy Support Program, IFPRI.
- Wanyama F. O., P. Develtere and I. Pollet "Reinventing the Wheel? African Cooperatives in a Liberalized Economic Environment". ILO.
- Meinzen-Dick, R.S. and M. Di Gregorio (2004). "Collective Action and Property Rights for Sustainable Development". IFPRI 2020 Focus 11.
- Chagwiza, C., R. Muradian, R. Ruben (2016). "Cooperative membership and dairy performance among smallholders in Ethiopia", Food Policy.
- Bernard, T., L. Sene, F. Wouterse, A. Viceisza (2015). "Leaders needed: experimental evidence from rural producer organizations in Senegal". Spelman College Faculty Publications.
- Bijman, J., M. Hanisch and G. van der Sangen (2014). "Shifting control? The changes of internal governance in agricultural cooperatives in the EU". Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics.
- Meier zu Selhausen, F. (2015). "What Determines Women's Participation in Collective Action? Evidence from a Western Ugandan Coffee Cooperative". Feminist Economics.
- Chaddad, F. (2015). "The economics and organization of Brazilian agriculture: recent evolution and productivity gains". ELSEVIER.
- Ampaire, E., C. Machete and E. Birachi (2013). "Rural producer organizations and poverty reduction in Uganda: are there gender disparities in the distribution of membership benefits?". Journal of Rural Cooperation.
- Ampaire, E., C. Machete and E. Birachi (2013b). "The role of rural producer organizations in enhancing market participation of smallholder farmers in Uganda: Enabling and disabling factors". African Journal of Agricultural Research.
- O'Brien, D.J., L. Banwart and M.L. Cook (2013). "Measuring the benefits of smallholder farmer membership in producer controlled vertical value chains: survey findings from a development project in East Africa. Poverty & Public Policy.
- Bernard, T., D.J. Spielman, A.S. Taffesse, and E.Z. Gabre-Madhin (2010). "Cooperatives for Staple Crop Marketing: Evidence from Ethiopia". IFPRI Research Monograph 164.
- Bernard, T., M.H. Collion, A. De Janvry and P. Rondot (2008a). "Do village organizations make a difference in African rural development? A study for Senegal and Burkina Faso". World Development .
- Ortmann, G.F. and R.P. King (2007). "Agricultural Cooperatives I: History, Theory and Problems". Agrekon.
- Chaddad F. and M. Cook (2004). "Understanding New Cooperative Models: An Ownership-Control Rights Typology". Review of Agricultural Economics.
- Sykuta, M. and M.L. Cook (2001). "A new institutional economics approach to contracts and cooperatives". CORI, University of Missouri, working paper n. 2001-04.
- Chaddad F. and M. Cook (2000). "Agroindustrialization of the global food economy: bridging development economics and agribusiness research". Agricultural Economics.
- Cook, M.L. and C. Iliopoulos (1999). "Beginning to Inform the Theory of the Cooperative Firm: Emergence of the New Generation Cooperative". LTA.