Agnes Katsuko Sasagawa was born prematurely on May 28, 1931. She is now 75. Always suffering from frail health, she became paralyzed at the age of 19, after a spinal anesthesia mishap during an appendectomy.
Ten years later, and with the help of a Catholic nurse, Agnes recovered from her paralysis and then was baptized at the age of 33. Later she joined the Handmaids of the Eucharist, an Order begun in the early 1960's by the local bishop, John Shojiro Ito.
The Sister's ministry is to teach catachism and to spend many hours in prayer before the tabernacle. it was there, on June 12, 1973, that Sister Agnes first experienced the supernatural. As she opened the tabernacle door in the convent chapel, a bright light burst from it. She immediately fell down in prayer and remained there an hour. After she left the chapel, she wondered if she had been hallucinating. . . . Later, on July 5, 1973, Our Lady's Statue would come to life and speak to her. +++
Sister Agnes, seer of Akita, Japan, who saw Our Lady's statue weep 101 times and bleed from the hand.
1) Insert the Fatima Prayer (O' my Jesus...) after each decade of the Rosary.
2) Say the Eucharistic Prayer (similar to the Morning Offering).
3) "Pray with fervor, not only because of your own sins, but in reparation for the sins of all men."
4) "Pray very much for the Pope, priests and Bishops."
5) "With devotion to the Sacred Heart, apply yourself to devotion to the most Precious Blood."
6) The Heavenly Father is preparing to inflict a great chastisement on all mankind.
7) "Prayer, penance and courageous sacrifice can soften the Father's anger."
8) "Without attaching too much importance to form, be faithful and fervent in prayer."
9) For religious: The importance of the three vows, especially obedience.
10) A chastisement, worse than the deluge, is at hand.
11) "Each day recite the prayers of the Rosary."
12) "With the Rosary, pray for the Pope, the bishops and the priests."
13) Problems within the Church: the demon will be especially implacable against souls consecrated to God.
14) "Pray very much the prayers of the Rosary. I am still able to save you the calamities which approach."
15) Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary is not taken seriously. "Speak to the greatest number in order to console the Hearts of Jesus and Mary. Spread this devotion with courage for Their greater glory."
16) "Those who place their confidence in me will be saved."
17) "Believe, trust, pray!"
18) Devotion to St. Joseph is very pleasing to Jesus and Mary. He should be publicly honored.
19) Attach great importance to the first Saturdays. There will be sufferings and obstacles. Do not fear. In bearing them and offering them you will be protected.
At Fatima Our Lady used a group of three. They prayed together, they sustained each other in trial (even that of dry martyrdom), and they helped each other to persevere.
At Akita Our Lady again emphasizes the value of prayer groups, of community. She even says that She Herself is gathering such groups now to prevent the chastisement . . . to soften the wrath of God. If the chastisement is averted, we shall have the Triumph of the Immaculate Heart and an "era of peace".