Let me first mention that no prior experience with yoga or meditation is necessary to begin private lessons. I have had many students who were simply curious & interested begin lessons; having a clean slate and open mind can often be a great asset when starting such a practice. That being said, I have also worked with clients who are looking to yoga for balance in their body because of their dedication to other forms of movement, while others have wanted to specifically expand and advance their yoga practice. My method in working with private clients is to look at the whole person and from there to look at how that person can achieve greater balance in their life. If you become one of my private clients, we will start where you are most comfortable, advancing in the direction you desire, encompassing what you want to learn, accommodating your body and your mind in a practice that is unique to you, growing in your own individual way. Lessons have been focused on, but are not limited to:
- Toning muscles of the body for balance in other activities or daily life
- Healing the body
- Working with scoliosis, fibromyalgia, depression & lower back pain
- Strengthening one's physical asana practice into intermediate to advanced postures
- Preparation for yoga teachers training
- Restorative/gentle yoga
- Ayurvedic health, diet, and balance awareness
- Yoga Nidra relaxation & visualization techniques
- Breath focus/pranayama techniques
- An all encompassing approach to meditation combining different methods, techniques and practices from the traditions through which I have studied first-hand and with which I still have a strong relationship with my teachers.
- These traditions are Theravada Buddhism, Yoga, & Tibetan Buddhism sometimes involving a slight mixture of Color & Art therapy, Zen Meditation, Life Coaching, World Religions & awareness of lifestyles from the five countries in which I have lived (India, Thailand, Ghana, Spain, New Zealand) & dozens of other countries I have visited.
Please feel free and open to contact me with any question, interest or curiosity about private instruction. I will absolutely try to accommodate you as best I can or assist you in another way if I am able. Initially, we can talk about your interests, meet in a public place and then begin our practice if we see a relationship that is mutually beneficial. There is also a form available under the Contact page to the right that you can fill out and email to me in regard to private lessons. If you haven't already, I encourage you to read about the experiences my clients in Idaho, Boston, and Washington DC have had through working with me by clicking on the testimonials link to the right.
Photo Copyright Aaron Rosenblatt 2008
For private lessons, I have available top of the line yoga equipment, all eco-friendly, from Gaiam & Hugger Mugger. I provide blankets, bolsters, blocks, mats, straps, eye pillows, aromatherapy, pure essential oils, incense, music, Tibetan meditation instruments, Bihar texts and a large array of books I lend to clients, publications, my own personal yoga insurance, workshop handbooks and information I have produced along with Ayurveda dosha tests and prakriti information. I believe in sharing all knowledge gained through my training in India, Ayurveda & Yoga for Therapy courses.