Conditions for granting credit for transferred courses

If you took M.A.-level courses at another university, you might be able to transfer in one or two as electives; here are the rules:

  1. regional accreditation needed by that university/college

  2. course was not used for any other degree

  3. course was not taken earlier than 7 years from your grad date; if your grad date is Spring 2027, then it can’t have been taken earlier than Spring 2020

  4. course was three semester units (or the equivalent)

  5. course would be accepted into that university’s M.A. program (but was not used for an M.A.)

  6. course was graded (and not Cr/NC) and earned at least a “B” grade

  7. course content meets the approval of your Program Advisor as fitting the program of study here

If all of these requirements are met, the student can send the graduate advisor the unofficial copy of his/her transcripts along with an explanation of what courses he/she wants used, and must send an official copy to A&R.

There are many choices for electives in the biology, chemistry, physics and geology departments. Other courses within the Department of Secondary Education are:

SED/SCI 565A - Course Title: Teaching Science for Understanding; Unit Value: 1

SED/SCI 565B - Teaching Science for Understanding; Unit Value: 2

SED/SCI 565C - Teaching Science for Understanding; Unit Value: 3

SED 525S - Methods of Teaching Science (lecture): Unit Value: 2