COSI 'Open' Technology Portals
Growing "Islands of Creativity"
Collaboration, Open Solutions, and Innovation (COSI) are the key management strategies organizations need to incorporate into their corporate culture in order to compete and succeed in the 21st century. The adoption and application of these new management strategies is already evident within many companies in almost every industry.
Industries and businesses throughout the world are being revolutionized through the application of these three unique and powerful management strategies. When combined, these COSI strategies create a robust model for accelerating change, achieving significant operational efficiencies, and improving the quality of products and services by companies in the U.S. and other countries.
The following are links to various COSI Technology Portals for specific domains of interest that were built and linked to the master web site for COSI 'Open' Technologies & Solutions.
Work on many of these sites was finally discontinued in 2016 when it became apparent that the world had now widely embraced Collaboration and 'Open' Solutions and global Innovation was accelerating at breakneck speed.
- COSI America's Future: 2020-2050 portal
- COSI 'Open' Education & Training Solutions portal - [Last Updated in 2018]
- COSI 'Open' Religious Technology & Tools portal - [Last Updated in 2017]
- COSI 'Open' Agriculture portal - [Last Updated in 2016]
- COSI 'Open' Business & Economics portal - [Last Updated in 2016]
- COSI 'Open' Creative Art Solutions - [Last Updated in 2016]
- COSI 'Open' Government Solutions portal - [Last Updated in 2016]
- COSI 'Open' Health Information Technology portal - [Last Updated in 2016]
- COSI 'Open' History & Research Technology portal - [Last Updated in 2016]
- COSI 'Green' Technology Solutions portal - [Last Updated in 2016]
These and other COSI portals and web sites developed between 2006 and 2016 that also included 'Open' Management, 'Open' Manufacturing, 'Open' Transportation, etc. are now being slowly phased out and are no longer being updated.
COSITech.Net has now shifted its attention to the development and support of local Web Sites and Social Media Pages focused on the town of Summerton and nearby communities around the Santee Cooper Lake Country in South Carolina.
Collaboration, Open Solutions, and Innovation (COSI)
- Collaboration allows one to save time, energy, and money by – cooperating with others; sharing information, knowledge, and resources; and working jointly on projects with other employees, business partners, and even customers.
- Open Solutions facilitate the ability of professionals, organizations, computer systems, and end users or consumers to communicate and freely share information in an open, interoperable, and transparent way.
- Innovation unleashes the knowledge and applied creativity power of individuals and/or organizations collaborating and working together in an open and transparent manner to significantly improve business processes, reduce costs, and improve the quality of end products.
In other words, the three key management strategies of Collaboration, Open Solutions, and Innovation (COSI) are interlinked in concept and execution as follows:
Collaboration + Open Solutions = Innovation
The War is Over
For well over 10-15 years, the battles between 'open' vs. 'closed' solutions have raged. It started with free and 'open source' software (FOSS) solutions, then moved on to 'open standards', 'open access', 'open data', 'open architecture', ... It began in the technology sector, then spread into education, healthcare, manufacturing, government and just about every other component of the public and private sector. It became more than just about technology, it became a broad, global movement that supports the adoption of 'open culture' and 'open societies' around the world. Many individuals, corporations, and countries will continue to battle and fight against the 'open movement' for years to come, not recognizing that the war is over - most 'closed' systems will eventually succumb to some form of 'open solutions' as we move into the future. - Peter Groen